Diggin Up a Body

AJ's p.o.v.
It was happening, tonight. Archie had to get himself prepared for the fight of a lifetime because despite his physical capabilities, Hiram was strong, and it was possible that Hiram could win. No one wanted to say that though. No one wanted to admit the probability of defeat.

So, we spent all day doing our best to practice with Archie. Mad Dog, Fangs, and me, but nothing would prepare him for what was to come. I found my place next to Ms. Andrews who I was honestly surprised to see. The crowd exploded into cheers as Hiram cloaked in a blue hood stepped into the gym.

He pulled the hood off of his head, and plowed for the ring. This was going to be one heck of a fight. The two both pulled their cloaks off of themselves making boxing gestures in the air. I could see Ms. Andrews practically shivering in her seat. She was scared for her son, we all were.

Hiram, and Archie slapped gloves before the referee pushed them apart. "Box." The bell dung, and the two stepped forward. Hiram went for a hit, but it didn't seem very strong as it didn't phase Archie.

Archie punched him in the stomach twice before sending a hit to his ribs as Hiram pulled away. The went on. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make out most of it until Hiram shoved Archie back into the ropes. The redhead did his best to block, but he took several blows before he was able to get one good one Hiram that sent him back.

Archie went to punch, but Hiram grabbed his hand, and pulled him around. "Ref!" Hiram punched Archie in the stomach twice before going for the head. I figured when I gulped it would be pretty loud, but the crowd's cheers definitely overpowered it.

Hiram released Archie, and he smirked. "That's how it's gonna be?" Archie pulled off his gloves, Hiram doing the same not long after. "Let's go!" My teeth captured my bottom lip in tight hold. Come on, Arch.

Archie went to punch, but Hiram ducked down, and dodged. The next few moves went by in a blur. Hiram uppercutted, and I cringed as Archie's face flew up. It didn't matter anymore that they weren't playing by the rules. Archie, and Hiram were finally setting a dispute for good.

There was a few more moves.

With another uppercut to the chin, Archie was sitting back in the corner. They got back up again not long after though. I could barely feel my phone buzz in my pocket, but I knew who it was.

"How's it going, Ronnie?"

"Ardelia's here." I smirked watching Archie punch again. This fight not be exactly going his way, but it still technically was. "One place down, one to go."

"I gotta go."

"Alright, bye." The phone switched off, and I turned back to the fight. Archie stumbled over to Hiram who sent a rough blow to Archie's chest. Archie bounced off of the ropes, and fell onto the ground. "Come on, Arch." I mumbled under my breath.

Archie — almost as if he heard me— pushed off of the ground. He seemed to have the headway, pushing Hiram into the ropes, and punching him left, and right. I could only imagine Hiram growling with the animalistic expression painted on his face.

Hiram slammed his face into Archie's causing the redhead to fall back. Hiram punched Archie some more, there was no way he was going to win. The referee stepped in between the two, but Hiram shoved him back. "This ends now!"

Hiram sent at least four punches to Archie's head. On the last one, blood spit out of Archie's mouth, and I cringed yet again. Archie fell to the ground on his hands, and knees. "Just remember," Hiram grabbed Archie's hair pulling his face up, so he was facing Hiram. "You asked for this."

"Daddy, stop!" Hiram turned back glancing at Veronica. The Lodge man smirked, "I beat you. I'm the better man."

"No. You lost. I was just keeping you busy." My dad's voice echoed through the gym. "Hiram Lodge, it is with great pleasure that I say, 'You're under arrest'." My dad pulled Hiram's hand into cuffs with a large grin. "For what?"

"For conducting illegal activities at your establishments." Veronica answered, "El Royale Boxing Club, and La Bonne Nuit Speakeasy." I ran up to the ring hopping under the ropes as fast I could. "You betrayed me?"

I lifted Archie's face up to look at me. "Hey, you okay?" Archie nodded, "Did we do it?" I laughed with a small smile. "We got 'em."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Sweet Pea's p.o.v.

"Excuse me, Mr. Jones, but where are the Lost Boys?" After a day of planning my funeral, pondering what I would write in my will, and getting chase by a serial killer, I was tired. "We've assigned a deputy to them. They'll be under our care until the Gargoyle King, and the Black Hood are caught."

A deputy stepped in, and knocked on the door. AJ's dad looked over, and the deputy tilted his head outside of the room. "Excuse me for a minute." As soon as FP we gone, Jughead blew out a huff. "See? We're safe. It's okay, Ethel. And, we're going to find Ricky too, I promise."

Ethel smiled softly. "Thank you." She barely spared me a glance, "Both of you." Ethel stood up, and threw her hands in the way. "Thank you." She pulled Jughead into a hug. "You deserve a reward for your bravery, Hellcaster."

What about me? I want a reward. I agreed to helping Jughead, and ended up getting chased by more than one person with a weapon in Fox Forest. "I can tell you who he is. The king." Jughead's eyes widened. "Who?"

Ethel leant forward info Jughead's ear. "Jason Blossom."

"But that's impossible." Jughead protested.

━━━━━━━━━━

I waited outside of Jughead. When he did, I had a gut feeling that whatever was about to happen wasn't going to be good. Not with that look on his face. "Where are we going?"

"The graveyard." I gulped before asking, "Can I ask why?" Jughead tilted his head to the side. "It's probably best you don't."

━━━━━━━━━━━

AJ's p.o.v.

I was getting bored. My shift at Pops was quiet, so I decided to call Sweet Pea whilst I waited for more people. "Hey, Princess." I smiled at the name. "Hey, babe. Whatcha doing?"

"Diggin up a body." I know I did not just hear what I thought I heard. "What'd you just say?" I questioned.  Jughead better not have Sweet Pea dogging up a body. "You wouldn't believe this, but Ethel says Jason Blossom is the Gargoyle King."

"What?!" It was quiet for a moment. "Oh my God." He whispered, worrying me even more. "What? Sweet Pea?"

"He's not here."