The Red Circle

Southside high has been better with the serpents around. I walked to the closet and grabbed a few clothes.

   I walked into the restroom and quickly applied blush to my eye, and brushed my teeth

   I walked into the restroom and quickly applied blush to my eye, and brushed my teeth. I put my hair in a pony tail and stepped into that living room where Jughead was waiting for me.

"Can we leave before Christmas please?," I scoffed loudly. "Please just because I don't where the same thing every day doesn't mean I take long," he stood there smiling at me. "What?" I asked. "My baby sister is all grown up," I scoffed again. "Three minutes Jughead gosh when are you gonna get over this?" I went to the fridge and grabbed a Mountain Dew and we started to walk.

"So your telling me that Sweat Pea and you aren't dating but he won't even let you walk to school with me," I nodded as I thought back to when I told Sweat Pea I wanted to walk with Jughead.

"Hey Sweat Pea umm I'm gonna walk to school with my brother from now on," his eyes went serious as he nodded his head. "It's not safe I can drive you," he suggested. "What about Jughead?" He looked down. "Your brother will be fine," I pulled his face up by his chin. "Please Sweat Pea," he sighed and shrugged at me. "Fine," he replied.

I nodded my head yes at him. "Wow," he replied sarcastically, I grinned staring at the ground. "It confuses me too, okay?" I stated exasperatedly.

"Hey how are you and Betty doing?" I asked trying to change the subject. "Good I think," he replied quietly. "Great," a grin beamed on my face. We walked to the entrance of our school.

We walked in school together when Sweat Pea ran up to me. I looked over and Jughead was gone. "Come on we're going to pop's," "What about school?" I questioned. "We're skipping," he answered in a duh tone. "I don't know Sweats I just go here I should probably keep myself our of trouble," he shook his head no at me and got on his knees. "Pleeeaassee," he begged. I looked down at his big brown eyes and had to give in.

Sweat Pea drove me on his bike and we got there quickly. He parked and stood up. "Okay give me ten seconds then walk in," I nodded hesitant. He walked in and I counted to twenty nervously. I opened the door and the bell rang. I slowly walked in.

Right next to mine and Jughead's usual pop stood holding a big white sign. It took me a moment to decipher what it read because the writing was kind of sloppy. Will you be my girlfriend? I screamed slightly while nodding. He smirked and I jumped into his arms he held me up and swung me side to side.

He sat me down in the booth and Pop set down the sign and came to take our orders. He walked away with our favorite milkshakes written down on his notepad. "I know you aren't fully okay with skipping school all day so we can leave whenever you want princess," I couldn't keep the smile off of my face. "Thanks Sweats," he replied with a smiling nod.

************************************

I felt my phone buzz and looked down at my pocket. I pulled my phone slid the unlock icon and pressed it to my ear. "WHERE THE  HELL ARE YOU A.J. YOU HAVE GOT ME WORRIED SICK!" I chuckled softly. "Sorry Jughead I'm at pop's with Sweat Pea," he sighed into the phone angrily but I could tell he was happy I was okay. "Just get back to school please," I nodded into the phone not realizing he couldn't see me and shut off the phone.
************************************

I looked over to Jughead who looked angry. When class ended I ran after Jughead. "Juggie I'm sorry," "Oh it's fine I we just worried like a single mother when you were at pop's the whole time"he answered to me

"I really am sorry Jughead next time I'll tell you." "It's fine I just got worried," he smiled when I giggled. "What's got you so happy?" he asked. "Sweat Pea asked me out and I said yes." I smiled and he smiled back at me I expected him to be mad at me for saying yes but he seemed just as a happy as I was.

We walked to fifth period and sat in the back and talked about random stuff. "Is there something you would like to share with the class," my teacher said and we quickly nodded our heads no because we were just talking about how much he looked like Professor Snape. After the warning from the teacher we pulled our phones out and texted each other every thing we wanted to say.

We walked to lunch and saw everyone surrounded by a computer.

"I assume we're not watching funny cat videos," Jughead muttered sarcastically "Nah look," Sweat Pea turned around the computer and we only got the last part. It was Archie surrounded by guys - that I assumed were the bulldogs- he said, "We're called the Red circle and we're coming for you."

"So I'm thinking Fogarty wants to become a serpent this would be his initiation,". I freaked out "Hey no if you want your serpent stripes take out someone who's not as easy like the black hood," Sweat Pea looked at me a little annoyed. "I don't wanna sound rude princess but the black hood is doing us a favor he's only killed northsiders" my breathing started to pick up, but my anger beat my panic.

"You think he won't come after you next Sweat Pea? Or Fangs or Toni or Jughead or Me?" I asked his face stayed serious.

"Alright that's my friend his dad got shot he's only saying stupid crap like that out of fear. Fangs please don't go after him," both of the boys looked at me sympethically. "Alright she's right you go through regular initiation," he looked back at me and I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

I started to feel dizzy worrying about the black hood going after Archie, that's when I couldn't breathe anymore. I fell on the ground of the cafeteria and Jughead ran over. I was starting to loose conscious when Jughead put my hand on his chest. "Breathe with the beat of my heart." For some reason it didn't help so Sweat Pea gave me a inhaler.

At first I was hesitant but I tried it anyways. When I opened my eyes the person holding my hand was Sweat Pea. "How did you know that would work?" Jughead questioned. "It tricks your body into thinking you having a asthma attack and helps you breathe. I used to get a lot of panic attacks after my parents died," he looked sad so I sat up and gave him a hug.

"I'm sorry Sweat Pea" the rest of the day dragged on. After me, Sweat Pea, Fangs and a few other serpents went to pop's we were walking home. We found Archie spraying a red circle on a wall in spray paint.

"Hey your on serpent territory," "Alright let me get by then," he pushed Sweat pea by accident when Sweat Pea pulled out a pocket knife. "You shouldn't have done that," Archie pulled out a gun, "You shouldn't have done that". Before I knew what I was doing, I jumped in front of the serpents. "Archie please he didn't know you pushed him by accident," he looked at me with no emotions when he pointed the gun in the air and shot it. The serpents started to run " I'm sorry Archie" I said he looked at me sadly then I ran off with my friends.