Assitance Transferred

"Can't be a coincidence. He asked for a transfer, and then his bus just bursts into flames? He planned it, he used me to escape, and now he's out there." I felt genuine sympathy for Betty, but it didn't make sense. According to Veronica, that truck was completely demolished.

"Betty, I was with you. I saw what was left of that bus. Nobody could've survived that." Betty looked up, "Yeah, but if he did—"

"If he did, you've got me, AJ, the Serpents, you have Archie, and his fight club buddies. You have a veritable armada here fo protect you. Also, you can move back in with AJ, and I. It's been a lot quieter since my mom's been gone." Betty glanced at me, and I gave her a reassuring nod.

"I'm sorry that she left, guys." I shrugged, my mom caused a lot of unnecessary drama, so overall, it was probably for the best. "How's JB doing after all this?" Archie asked. "Shockingly well. And she's filled in some key blanks. Apparently, there's a gospel of the Gargoyle King out there somewhere. Could be important. My dad's been sweeping Junkyard Steve's..." Jughead looked to me, and I shook my head.

"Don't give me that look. I have my own life to attend to." Archie laughed; "Our little AJ's breaking out of her shell." A laugh fell from my lips before I replied, "Actually, I'm just transferring my assistance to another friend."

"And whom would that be?" Jughead questioned, jealousy lacing every word. "Me." All eyes fell on Veronica who was practically beaming when Cheryl walked over. "Sorry to interrupt your no-doubt thrilling catch up, chums, but as you know, junior prom is this weekend. The theme is fire and ice, and naturally, Toni, and I are campaigning to be the most captivating prom queens the school's ever seen. So, it goes without saying, vote Choni for co-monarchs. Because, when you really think about it, no other options make sense."

Cheryl flashed us a smile before walking away. "Prom is this weekend? We still do things like that here?"

"I mean, apparently." I laughed as Betty placed her hand on Jughead's thigh. "Jug... will you go to prom with me?" Jughead smirked turning back to his girlfriend. "Only for you, Betty Cooper." Betty placed a kiss onto his cheek when Veronica, and Archie shared a few looks.

"I've already got a date."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I have no doubt your loan will be approved." Veronica, and I shared a smile. "That's great. Thank you." Veronica shook the woman's hand, and she walked away. Pop leant forward with a worried look.

"Tell me you're not selling—"
"Absolutely not, Pop. We're just looking to get a loan to help Archie, and his boxing gym." Pop tilted his head to the side. "I thought you, and Archie—" "We're just friends, Pop. Friends, and business associates."

As we walked away, I decided to say what had been on my mind, "Suuuureee." Veronica gave me a look that made me laugh. "You still like him, don't you."

"Not the point, Kira."

━━━━━━━━━━

"I don't know if this is a cry for help, or if you seriously need to refine your taste in athletic wear." I shrugged watching Archie jump rope. "I think he looks fine." Veronica scanned over my outfit, and rolled her eyes. "Of course you do."

"I gotta lose wait for the fight this Friday." My eyebrows pulled together in doubt. "You sure that's enough time?"

"I'll do it. Can you give me a ride back here after? I gotta focus in the car." "Focus on what?" Veronica questioned. "Another fight. My mom invited this recruiter to come see me box." I stepped forward. "Archie, that's insane! You can't fight twice in the same day. Just invite your mom, and the recruiter to the tournament."