First Challenge: 'Secrets, and Sins'

"Aj. Aj, wake up." I pushed my eyes open to find Sweet Pea standing over me. "Something's wrong with Jellybean."

━━━━━━━━━━

I got to our house just as Jughead, and my dad did. "What happened to Jellybean?!" I questioned. "Kurtz took Jellybean, and he said we'll have to do some sort of quest to get her back."

"How did Kurtz even to get to Jellybean?" My dad threw open the door "I guess we're about to find out." I rolled my brother into our home "Jellybean?! Jellybean?" We got no answers though, and my mind was still working to process everything that had happened in the last forty eight hours.

"Dad." Jughead was standing next to our pool table where an envelope laid. "What the h**l is that?" Jughead picked it up ripping it open. "I invite you to play a round of Gryphons&Gargoyles," he read "The outcome of which will determine Princess Jellybean's fate."

"Hey, why is the door wide open?" My mom gently pushed it closed before walking over to us. "What's wrong? Where's JB?" I gulped softly before responding "She was taken."

Jughead slammed his palms down on the pool table. "By the Gargoyle King, and his loyal servant, Kurtz." He handed her the letter."

"We have to find that son of b**ch."

"Find him? He's outside in the back of my cruiser." Dad stormed out of the house, and Jughead spun around to me. "At least you are okay." I smiled when he pulled me into a hug.

━━━━━━━━━━

My mom punched Kurtz in the face again "Where the h**l is my daughter?!" She snarled. "Tell me, or I will kill you right here, right now." Kurtz' smirk never left his face "Where are you keeping her Kurtz?"

"With an associate. Being very well taken care of." My mom grinned letting go of his face "He's not gonna tell us." Jughead realized "Accept the invite to play. Let's see if you can bring Jellybean home." Kurtz laughed evilly.

Dad, Mom, Jughead, and I grouped next to the island in our kitchen. "He's crazy. How can we believe anything he has to say?" Jughead leant forward "I've played this game enough to know that guys like Kurtz are completely devoted to the Gargoyle King, and his rules."

I had to admit, it hurt hearing Jughead admit how much he
played the game, but right
now, all that mattered was
getting Jellybean back. "If
we play, and we win, we
can get Jellybean back. I'm
sure of it." My dad turned
to my mom before looking
back to Jughead, and
nodding.

"We'll agree to your terms,
we'll play." Kurtz smirk
got only larger. "Of
course you will."
We got the game set
up, and Kurtz was
sitting on the couch
opposite of us.

"First, your avatars.
Mr. Jones will be
Deadeye. Like
in high school."
Kurtz handed
my dad a card.

"Jughead, you will remain the Hellcaster." Kurtz turned to me, and Jughead took my hand. "Akira, you will be the Harpy." Kurtz handed me a card with a picture of a women looking bird thing. "And Mrs. Jones, you'll be the alchemist. I think." My mom ripped the card from Kurtz' hand.

"Deadeye, you're up first." Dad took the dice from Kurtz, and I could feel my grip on Jughead tighter. If we win, we can get JB back, but what if we don't win?

My dad shook the dice in his hand before releasing them onto the board. "You've reached your first challenge." Kurtz read over the card "This one's easy." Kurtz dropped the card in front of Jughead, and I. "It's called 'Cards on the table'. Inside, two of these pouches, " Kurtz pulled out two small bags, and my eyes widened.

Where did those even come from?

"Is a white marble. Inside the third one, is a black one. If you chose the black one, you must reveal your secret. Simple enough." I nodded, not necessarily agreeing with Kurtz, but it wouldn't be that hard spilling some sort of secret to my family. I trusted them with anything.

"Call it what you want. We've been playing 'Secrets, and Sins' since high school." Kurtz' gaze lingered on my father, "Alchemist." He turned to my mom with a smirk. "Why don't you begin?" Jughead, and I shared a look before turning to my mom who carefully grabbed a pouch off of the table.

She pulled it open, and dumped a shiny black marble onto her hand. "Be honest, the King already knows your darkest truths."

"I don't have any secrets." I rolled my eyes "Mom, Jellybean's life is on the line. If you don't say something, I will." I nodded to Jughead "What's he talking about?"

"I'm the new Fizzle Rocks dealer in Riverdale, and Kurtz used to work for me before he lost his dang mind." I felt bad for my dad, his eyes filled with sorrow. "What?" Mom sighed "And you knew about, this, and you didn't tell me, kids?"

"Don't blame them. I told them not to say anything because I wanted to keep you out of it. I did it to protect you, to protect the family." I scoffed "How's that working for Jellybean?!" My dad yelled causing me to flinch.

"You are the reason, that this psycho kidnapped our daughter! You brought this into our lives!" Kurtz smirked "Dad." I whispered "I've heard enough. We need to finish this dang game, and get Jellybean back home safe, and sound. But there will be a reckoning," my dad pointed to my mom with an infuriated expression, and she nodded.

"Finally, you've reached your next quest." Kurtz scanned over the card "Steal some treasure from the realm." I took the card curiously "What treasure?" My mom asked.

"He wants us to commit a robbery."

━━━━━━━━

I'm sorry it's a short chapter, and I'm sorry I've been so behind, and I'm sorry I said I'd publish yesterday, but I've been really busy, and I'm working real hard. If you like Marvel, you should go check out my new story, Elemental. I'll try to update this story tomorrow, but if not i promise I'll update by Wednesday. That's a promise I won't break.