The Final Betrayal

My eyes slowly peeled open, a tingling sensation covering me like a second skin. I pushed myself up, looking around to find I had gotten myself into a hospital bed. Looking down, the bullet wound was wrapped neatly in bandages.

Right on time, Sweet Pea appeared in the doorway with the look of a child on Christmas morning. "Aj? Oh, thank God!" He ran at me, tackling me in a hug that could be described in no other words than painful, very painful. "Sweet Pea... you're hurting me."

"Oh! Sorry." My boyfriend pulled away. "Wha-what happened?"

"Oh, umm.... you mean in fox forest?" I nodded curiously watching my boyfriend shift around. "Well, you passed out. Then, Toni and Cheryl got together the Serpents and Pretty Poisons to come save you guys. When we got there, Jacob was freaking out, he felt so bad, but luckily we got you to the hospital in time."

"Jacob's here?" Sweet Pea shook his head. "Nah, it took me awhile to get everyone else to go home, but I could barely pry the kid off your side." I laughed softly "Then, Jug took him home."

I nodded, doing my best to process the events of my recent near death experience. "How long have I been out?"

"A week, and a half now. Doctor says we barely got here in time." Speak of an angel and she shall , Dr. Adams (my old pediatrician). She used to feed Jughead, and I when things would go south at her home, and our parents would get in a fight. "I certainly feared you wouldn't make it when you got here, but fortunately for us, you're a strong one. You got a few more days, then, you'll be ready to go."

"Thanks, Doc." Ms. Adams nodded before silently stepping out of the room. "Gosh, when you get out of here, we're gonna do movie marathon for days, weeks maybe." I laughed softly. "That's what you were worried about?"

"I wanna do our favorite thing together forever now seeing as yesterday, I was worried I was l never gonna get to do it with you again." My heart saddened at Sweet Pea's words. It was hard to believe that I could have that amount of affect one someone even if I knew he had the same amount on me. "The doctor says you should rest. So, I'll leave you to it. Gotta inform the others of your awakening."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Sweet Pea did what he said he was going to do. Everyone came. Family, friends, exes, and coworkers, it was amazing. Hermione Lodge even showed up, and gave me a teddy bear. I'll be getting out tomorrow which is an exciting thing.

In the past few days, I was able to learn a lot of things about Jacob. Where he was from, how his parents died, and how he got in the mess that was Gryphons and Gargoyles to protect his best friend. I really liked talking to him, and I assumed he must've liked me to seeing as he wouldn't leave the hospital.

I twisted the nob of the sink, pouring a bit of water onto the toothpaste. After brushing my teeth, I washed my face, and then got into the bed, my mind instantly finding comfort as I sunk in to the mattress.

Sleep was an easy thing. Doctor Adams said it was probably because my body longed to rest, and repair itself from the wound; but I didn't care. It just felt nice to sleep. No dreams, no serial killer fears to keep me up, just sleep. Until, the creak of my door echoed through the room, and footsteps padded gently to my bed.

I looked up curiously wondering who would be in my room at this hour to find it was just Dr. Adams. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"This is for the King." I didn't quite understand what she was talking about. It was only my hope that she wasn't speaking of the King that almost killed me, the Gargoyle King.

It must've been though. Dr. Adams pulled out a scalpel, and launched it into my chest. I didn't even have time to process the action. There may have been pain, but it didn't last long. Then, it was white.