Hunger strike

I woke up sweating not really knowing why. It was 5:30 so I took a shower and got ready.

I walked outside and huffed because of the cold temperatures

I walked outside and huffed because of the cold temperatures. I sat on the worn leather seat and started the engine. I smirked evily, I've always loved driving on bikes. Then I pushed the gas pedal down with my foot and directed the bike to pop's. "Early morning for you A.J.?" I nodded while grinning and sat down at a booth in the corner. "What would you like Sweetheart?" I smiled at Pop because he hasn't called me that in so long. "Double chocolate milkshake please," he nodded and walked into the kitchen. I pulled Jughead's old laptop out of my bag and started to type out another article. I put it in a separate file so Jughead would never happen to see, that  I was writing a story. When I decided to take a break I went to Jughead's article to edit it. I didn't notice them sit down till Fangs cleared his throat. I looked up and watched  as he smirked at me. "Whatcha doing princess?" Sweat Pea asked.  I looked back down at my now three empty milkshake glasses  and the opened computer. "Editing Jughead's article," I watched as he looked back at me confused. "I thought you guys wrote that together," I shrugged at him. "I mostly edit I've written some parts but I mostly edit," I said starting to type on the keyboard again. "How come?" Fangs asked this time. "Um writing is cool but it's always been Jughead's thing. So I stick to photography and he sticks to writing," he nodded and looked to Sweat Pea then back at me. "Can we some pictures," they both asked in unison and I laughed. "Sure," I pulled the camera out of the old fabric plaid bag. "Here," they pushed the button to see all of them with their mouths ajar. "These are really good A.J. ," I felt my cheeks start to heat up as I looked back down at the keyboard shyly. "Thanks," I whispered. My phone starting buzzing and I jumped in surprise. I pulled out. "Sorry I gotta take this," they nodded and I walked to the bathroom hallway.  "A.J. where are you?" I laughed as Jughead sounded so  worried. "I'm at pop's editing your article," I could practically hear his entire body soften as he sighed. "K just make sure you get to school," "K. Bye love you," I said quickly while clicking hang up. When I closed the phone app. I read the time. 8:00. Crap. I ran to the booth where both of the boys watched me confused. I grabbed the camera and the computer and shoved it into my bag. "Hey Sweats, can you drive me to school?" I asked and he groaned. "We're going to school?" I looked at him angrily. "Yes. Now let's go," Fangs laughed as I tried to pull Sweat Pea's arm. "Pleaaaseee," I begged and he grinned at me. "Fine," I fell backwards as he got up and they both laughed. "Not funny," I stated giggling. Fangs nodded "Yeah sure," I giggled some more and walked outside towards the bike. I sat down on and waited for Sweat Pea. He sat on the front and I wrapped my arms around his waist as we drove off towards seven cruel hours of our lives. Or as everyone else says  it school. We drove by Reggie and you could see jealousy burn through him. But I don't know of what. When we got there Sweat Pea went to his class and I went to find Jughead. I found him and the core four siting in a circle in the student lounge so I sat next to Jughead and grabbed his cup and took a sip. He looked at me disgusted and I laughed before Veronica got up and stood in front of us. "Friends.... I have an announcement to make," we all nodded at  her to go on. "I'm running for student body president," I laughed humorously. "Your parents are taking over Riverdale and now your taking over our school?" I asked rhetorically. "Did your parents put you up to this?" Jughead asked. "Jughead," Archie warned. I glared at him. "No jughead. Actually my parents think I should keep my head in the sand," I nodded. "But I was born for office," Betty smiled. "V if you wanna run for office then you have our votes," Betty said happily. "Me too team Ronnie all the way," I nodded my head no. "Sorry no can do. I don't do politics," she nodded. "I understand" she then turned to Betty. "B as the Velma to my Louise I was wondering if you would be my vice president," Betty nodded as Jughead angrily sipped out of his cup and I just watched. "Great," she said pulling Betty into a half hug.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
We sat down with Betty Veronica and Archie at lunch. I couldn't find Sweat Pea so I assumed he probably went to Whyte Wyrm. "I liked your section in the newspaper you little butterfly," I commented sarcastically. "Yeah did your dad know about Southside high closing?" Jughead asked. There was silence for almost five seconds when Betty spoke. "Of course she didn't know guys right V," she looked over at Veronica yet she stayed quiet. "She didn't know guys, ok," Archie spoke angrily. "Doesn't matter I'm," jughead started "We're," I said cutting him off and he nodded. "Me and A.J. need to save our energy because we're going on a hunger strike," Archie snorted into his hands. "What's so funny?" I asked harshly. "I'm sorry. Its just you guys are always eating. It's kind of your thing," "Hey if it's A.J.'s and Jughead perogotive to protest peacefully, then we'll support that. Right guys," she looked at Archie and Veronica who nodded unhappily. Ethel walked up with a pop's milkshake in hand. "Veronica Lodge. For your crimes against Riverdale. For everything you and your family have done and continue to do. We find you guilty. Your sentence is this," she threw the pink shake at her. And I laughed behind my hands. Jug nudged me in the ribs which only made me wanna laugh harder.

* * * * * * * * *  * * * * *

After lunch I called Sweat Pea and convinced him to come back to school for one of our famous Swords and Serpents meeting. When I got there I sat next to Sweat Pea playing with his hair as Jughead explained the plan. I kind of zoned out but it was fine because I already knew we were going to chain ourselves to Southside high. After school Archie met up with Jughead and they had an apparently very heated conversation which only added fuel to  the fire for Jughead. When he got back Sweat Pea wrapped me in chains and I sat next to him. I shivered when I remembered I left my serpent jacket on my night stand. Great. "Are you cold princess?" he asked and I nodded. He went to grab his jacket off of him but I stopped him. "No it's fine Sweats," he nodded no and kept at it. He struggled for a while before he was able to get it off. When he did I thanked. "Thank you so much Sweats," he nodded at me. I started to doze off when Fangs finally spoke to me. "So why exactly are you here A.J. because I have a feeling that you don't wanna really be here," I laughed. "Oo I've got this one. Undying loyalty towards her twin brother," I laughed again at how true it was. "Yep. That's it," he smiled and nodded then looked back at Sweat Pea. "Loyalty is a good trait in women," Sweat Pea nodded and I cleared my throat. "You guys talk about me like I'm not here," to that they both laughed but didn't say much after. So I started to doze off again. When I woke back up it was just Jughead. "Last two standing," my dad said. I laughed at my dads comment while Jughead blew hot air into his  glove covered hands. "What happened to no serpent left behind?" I laughed again as Jughead just looked at my dad. "They were claiming frost bite," I grinned as I realized I was still wearing Sweat Pea's jacket. "To bad I got a dozen burgers here I guess they're all for you," he threw them at us and I went to grab the bag but stopped when I got a death glare from Jughead. "Look it's just us. I'm not gonna tell anyone when my kids break their hunger strike," Jughead went for the hamburgers and I followed. "Just like clockwork I got a call from Hiram. He was saying that with all the new houses there would be a few penthouses at  the top," I scoffed. "Just imagine walking out and seeing a big prison where me and my friends use to hang out. Or if Jellybean comes back to the only hope other than leaving would be to work at a prison,"I said shaking my head. "So. What'd you tell him?" Jughead asked. "I didn't say anything. I hung up on his ass and went to pop's for some burgers," I laughed and smiled as Jughead and my dad half hugged. Maybe an hour after my dad left the serpents came back. Sweat Pea walked up to me grinning. "She's awake," he said dramatically while I laughed. I nodded and he bent down and started to kiss me. For a moment it started to feel like we were the only ones there. Until Fangs cleared his throat. I looked over at him with red cheeks while he just grinned at us shaking his head. The next morning Betty came she had a conversation with Jughead and gave him some hot chocolate. She walked over to me. "Hey A.J. how you holding up?" I smiled because I knew she cared when she worried about me. "Good," she nodded and started to poor some hot chocolate. When she was done she handed it to me grinning and with that she was gone. I sipped on the drink when Sweat Pea finally woke up. "Hey babe how you doing," "Good you?" he shook his hand about halfway. "Could be better,"I smiled at him. We spent almost all day in the freezing cold. People started to come. By six there was a crowd they started yelling. "Free our school," in repeat. That's when the crowd started to split in two. For Archie and the wrestling team with chain cutters in there hands. He walked up to Jughead. They had a quiet discussion that I couldn't here when they started to cut our chains. Some boy that I didn't know the name of gently pushed me when he finished cutting the chain. When Reggie finished cutting Sweat Pea's he pushed him too. But much harder. I turned around and stormed up to him. Then bam, I slapped him. "You better watch where you put your hands Mantle," he nodded fearfully and I walked away with a smirking Sweat Pea. We decided to go to his trailer because Betty was going to mine and I didn't want to intrude on anything. When I walked up the creaky steps to the porch I felt Sweet Pea entertains our hands. We talk almost all night and at the end of the night I slept on his couch while Sweet Pea slept in his bed.