Understanding

Psssh. "Perimeter's clear. Moving in." Pssh. I followed my brother quietly, and watched as Sweet Pea went ahead. A red laser beam found its way to the back of his head, and before I could even realize what happened Jughead was yelling, "SWEET PEA, DUCK!"

All he did was spin around to hear Tom Keller make a shooting noise with his mouth. "You three are dead. Always check your six corners."

"It's a deadly mistake." My dad walked out, and I looked down guiltily. "This is only a simulation. You don't get any second chances in the street." Mr. Keller said from behind us. "Which makes all the more obvious that you boys aren't ready for them." I was going to remind him I was a girl, but right now probably wasn't the best time.

"If you want to stop the rogue gargoyles, you need to work as a team. Until you've  proven you can do that, I'm not letting you out there. Do it again." I pulled Jughead along back to the front of the school. Neither of us really wanting to have to do it again.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
The next day
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Yesterday was tiring. After doing the training simulation, with my dad, and Mr. Keller, Archie trained me at the El Royale. Now, I was sitting next to JB, and Jughead groggily in front of the island in the kitchen. My dad walked in with an anxious face.

"Hey, hun. Why the long face?" I took a sip of my orange juice watching him intently. "One of my deputies found our old trailer. Well, what was left of it. It was burnt to a crisp." I took another swig of my juice to hide the gulp that slipped from my lips.

"I found —Uh— drug cooking material inside." Jughead stayed quiet munching on his toast. "Oh, my." My mom's eyes fell on my twin, and then found their way to me. "Our old trailer."

"Our little town. Can't seem to catch a break." Jughead pulled a piece of bacon from my plate, and I rolled my eyes. "Neither can I." I went to grab the bacon, but he shoved it into his mouth with a devious smirk.

"Move one cancer out, and another one takes its place." I nodded eating my only other piece of bacon before Jughead had the chance to. "Well, Dad, we're missing morning." My dad followed JB into the living room with a small "Alright."

Jughead, and I shared a look before turning to our mom. "Did you really think, that blowing up that decrepit trailer would change anything?" Jughead leaned forward "Oh, we're not gonna stop." I smirked as I followed his example.

"Until you are out Riverdale." I finished for him. "Well, you better buckle up then because I ain't going anywhere." My mom walked around do our side of the island, and pulled Jughead back his beanie. His widened momentarily, and I stood up off of my seat defensively.

"And here's a tip, don't cross me again." She placed a kiss on his cheek, and walked away. Jughead turned to me with a strange expression "Do you wanna walk to school?" I shook my head taking the last drink of breakfast before replying, "Archie said he'd walk me."

Jughead's eyebrows scrunched together curiously, but nodded anyways, and just on time, the doorbell rang. "Who could that be?" I heard my mom ask. "I got it, mom. It's Archie." She nodded, and hugged Jughead running to the door. "Bye Jug," I yelled stopping for a moment. "Bye, Kira."

"Love, you."

"Love you, too." I pulled the door open, and Archie's finger was right next to the doorbell like he was going to ring it again. "Hey, Arch." He gave me a cheeky grin, "Hey, A.J."