Trading schools

Today would be our first day at Southside high and I admit I was scared I could tell Jughead was to but he wouldn't admit it to me. It took me a while to decide on what to wear when I just decided on:

I began to think back to the day of the formal, Sweat Pea, the girl with pink hair and the boy with black hair should all be there too

I began to think back to the day of the formal, Sweat Pea, the girl with pink hair and the boy with black hair should all be there too.  My thoughts dissolved when I saw Jughead's phone light up with dozens of text messages from Betty because they are a thing now. Is it bad that I kinda liked that she was worried about me?

Jughead came out of the bathroom and picked up his phone then we left. The walk was silent but luckily for us it wasn't an awkward one we never those type of twins, we knew everything about each other which means it was almost never awkward. Which is good because awkward silence kills me.

We walked up to the steps and stopped, I took a deep breath and felt Jughead wrap my hand in his. I looked down at our intertwined hands, then up at him we both grinned and started walking up the steps. Right in the entrance was two metal detectors that new kids had to walk through. I went first but it beeped when Jug walked through. "It the pins in your hat." I said outloud. "It's the pins in my hat" jughead told the guy controlling the metal contraption. He had to put his beanie in a bin and walk through again just to make sure and it didn't beep so they let him by.

We started walking not really knowing where to go, when a pretty girl with pink hair came up to us. "Forsythe Pendleton Jones the third and Akira Jane't". "Jughead actually. And A.J. for me" I said quietly. "Toni Topaz" she smiled and stuck her hand out as jughead shook it and I stood there awkwardly. When she said " I was supposed to give you he full animatronic tour but the robots started killing people so". "The classrooms have no Wi-Fi and the bathrooms don't have stalls" we walked bye a few kids and I watched them poor a powdery substance aiming from a pixie stick looking thing into their mouths I stared for a few seconds when I heard her say," And there is Jingle Jangle being consumed in its natural habitat. "Jingle jangle?" Jughead asked. "The jj is a highly addictive gutter drug so let's not touch that," he replied to her comment with a  strange face I haven't quite seen before. "What about the school newspaper, the Red and Black ?" Shut down she answered. "Budget cuts no volunteers choose your pick." That's when we walked in to the cafeteria. "And finally the cafetorium. There is the serpents we sit with them. Wait your a southside serpent?" Jughead asked confused. "Yeah that's why I volunteered to give you  two this tour," she replied. "We're fine we'll sit by ourselves and keep our head low and try to get through this." he said sounding kinda irritated.

"I'm confused aren't you like serpents by blood kids of F.P. Jones. And trust me as soon as the ghoulies see your alone, an easy target they'll make you their bitch faster than  you can say American History X." "I said no" Jug replied annoyed. "And you?" Toni  looked at me. "I'm just gonna stay with my brother." "Ok don't say I didn't warn you".

With that she was gone. As she left I felt a arm slither around my waist I looked over I assumed this is what Toni called a ghoulie. "Hey sweetness you wanna come to my house with me" "No" I whispered. He squeezed me tighter to the point where I couldn't breathe as jughead tried to tell him to get off me. He couldn't do anything about it because he the ghoulie held me in front of him like a shield. That's when I saw the boy from the diner and Toni and another boy look up. I gathered all my strength and punched the ghoulie in the nose and he fell down. "My nose!"he yelled and jumped up getting ready to lunge when Jug pushed me out of the way and someone pushed Jug out of the way and punched the ghoulie. I looked up to see a hand outstretched to me "You okay princess?" concern shining in his eyes.

I looked around and saw a mad Jughead walking away. "I'm fine" I told him and jumped up and smacked him in  the nose with my head by accident. "Oh my god I am so sorry I didn't mean to" "It's fine princess go get your brother and then come back"he said softly. I jumped up this time without hitting him and ran to catch up with my brother. I found him in a room pacing rambling to Toni. "Maybe your right. Serpents are our best choice, if I can't even protect my own  sister from those stupid ghoulies. And I don't wanna sound rude but she looks like she is head over heels in love with a stupid boy who's name is Sweat Pea." "He's not stupid" I stated. Jughead turned toward me and rushed me into a big hug.

"I'm so sorry A.J. I should've protected you." "You couldn't have whatever part of him you would've hit you would've hit me to," I answered. "Sorry to interrupt your twin moment but she's completely right. It's not your fault". Sweat Pea walked in, "Topaz we're going to the quarry you coming?- yeah- what about you Jones you coming?" "Nah I don't have my beach bod yet." "Princess?" he turned to me. "I'm good I'm gonna stay with my brother." He looked at me sadly for a moment when his anger flooded his eyes and he turned back around. "Really?" he asked. "You want help from the serpents but then you don't wanna hang out with them?" I sighed shaking my head I looked over to Toni who rolled her eyes at the boy and I chuckled softly. " Look I thank the serpents for their service but we won't ask anymore favors." Sweet Pea looked like he was about to punch Jughead. I walked over and grabbed his shoulder, "Now ladies don't get your panties in a bunch," Toni said. Sweat pea looked at me sadly after I touched him and backed away.

"Whatever Jones, come on Topaz," they all left and me and Jughead were alone. "I talked to one of the teachers and they are reopening the black and red. Soo I was hoping you would be the co-photographer with Toni and help me write a little" I nodded excited like a kid ready for Christmas. "Thanks I'm down with doing that." "Great," he answered.

We spent the rest of the night dusting off the old stuff and setting things up to our liking. It was dark out and we finished we tried to walk to the door, when two ghoulies stepped in front of us. "Here's the little girl and her boyfriend." "Brother," I corrected. "I don't care" he looked angry. One jumped on Jughead and the other came after me. We both started to fight back. The guy punched me in the eye I knee'ed him in the crotch and punched him in the face. I looked over to see Jug struggling with the ghoulie on top of him I pulled him up and Jughead started to punch him till he was on the ground. We walked away kinda rushing in case they got up we got to our trailer.

Jughead called Betty and Toni and they were both at our house quickly. "So tell me what happened again," Betty asked. "The brakes on the motorcycle weren't working right and we crashed." I pushed the ice pack closer to my eye and winced from the sting. "Alright then I gotta get going my mom told me I could only stay here for a little bit" "Okay" "Bye B," I said. After she walked out the door Toni said " I told you the ghoulies would get you" " We're fine though aren't we" I asked sassily. Jughead stuck is eyebrow up at my new found confidence. "Look I know you don't wanna be apart of the serpents but at least hangout  with us so this stuff quits happening." "What about Sweat Pea?" Jughead questioned. "I think you'll be fine with his princess around," she looked at me and smirked. I rolled my eyes at her playfully. "Alright guys time for me to hit the hay" "Bye Toni,"me and Jug said in unison.

She smiled then left. "You sure know how to fight sis," he smiled than looked at me curiously. "You seem to have alot of confidence lately," "I don't know what it is it's like every time I think I'm gonna have a panic attack I do something I never would've expected to do." All he said was, "huh" then he walked to his room and I went to sleep.