◈ Chapter 13: Bubbly Tuna ◈

Start from the beginning

The guards quickly gathered around the prince, inquiring if the royal was okay or if there was a drop of poison in it. To everyone's disbelief, the man's eyes filled with tears and he let out a bubbly laugh.

"This feeling...It has been so long since I felt like this!" he exclaimed, the guards eyeballing the royal.

"This is the first time I've seen the prince laugh since the king's condition was revealed..." muttered a guard to his friend.

"The pasta is sublime, and each times I bite into a piece of meat, it's an explosion of flavors! Blue lobsters, white shrimp caviar, tilapia,...I can taste them all together. And the sauce!...Absolutely terrific!"

"Oh, we are more than pleased to hear that, your majesty!" stated the director. "Know that more will be served at the Gourmet Summit"

"Who is the chef that made this dish? The little man over there?" the prince pointed to Komatsu who flinched in surprise.

"M-Me? Uh, n-no! Well, I did work on this, b-but it was mostly my sous chef: (y/n)!" your friend answered.

"T-That would be me" you answered with a nervous smile, lifting your hand to gain the attention of the prince. "However, the head chef did help me a lot for the presentation-"

"You. Come work at my castle" the man demanded strictly, and you gaped at him.

"E-Eh?!"

It took a lot of persuasion from the director and the manager to change the prince's mind, who was pigheaded to bring you back with him to his kingdom. Now that you were finished with this job, you could return to your usual tasks in helping Komatsu in the kitchen. However, he too was now caught in a situation that demanded all of his attention.

"No matter what I do, I can't get the sauce right..." muttered Komatsu.

"Did you try with a bit of Sauce Bleue? Maybe it will work with the dish" you suggested, and your friend hummed negatively.

"There isn't enough left for me to use, with the Gourmet Summit and all. I tried everything in the kitchen, but nothing is bringing out the flavors of the Mermaituna"

"Perhaps we could look in a market at the World Kitchen. I heard they received new shipments not too long ago. Surely we will find something that could accompany the dish..."