Q&A

Why did you write this book?

Because I feel like cancer is such a big illness in young teenagers and I haven't ever read a book that had a teenager who had cancer (apart from the faults in our stars). I also know a few people who suffer from cancer and some, sadly, pass away. I feel like there should be more books talking about cancer.

Why was Alexa such a bad-ass at the beginning?

Alexa was a person who didn't really have much care but she wasn't heartless. She was nice but also quite laid back as well. I didn't want a person who was 'good' and followed the rules all the time. I wanted someone who was a bit of a rebel but not too much of a rebel.

Did Lilly have an eating disorder?

No, she didn't. She just wanted to be a bit more
healthier. She was just careful with what she was eating. If you think you have an eating disorder then please talk to your parents first who can help you and maybe see a doctor. But no, she did not have an eating disorder.

Are you okay? You're posts this year shows that you've been struggling.

I have been diagnosed with a lot of things this year which has been overwhelming. I've learnt that it helps you get through the tough times if you have something to do like maybe a hobby or something. I liked to write and colour and this has helped me a lot. It's helped to see a therapist and counsellor weekly. In school, there's also people there to talk to.

Does the family move on after their deaths?

At first, no. Everyone's life just stopped. They didn't go to school or go to work. They all just stayed at home mourning. Slowly, they went back to their normal routine. They carried on with doing their day to day life but they never forgot Tyler or Alexa. They'd always remember them.

What happens after?

I'm not sure what this question is asking but the families remain close. Kylie still comes over to see Lilly, Ryan and the rest of their family. Landon still comes over too.

What happened with the letters?

The letters are like a breath of relief. Landon and Lilly found them on, what would be, Alexa's birthday. When the family read their letter, they felt better. They felt like it was enough and that they gave enough to Alexa. They didn't regret anything. Kylie was affected hugely by not being there when Alexa passed away but when she got her letter, she felt better. It helped her to move on. It helped everyone to move on.

How is Ariana after she's lost two people that she loves?

Ariana was devastated after she heard about Alexa's death but she knew that Alexa was with Tyler. She knew that they were in heaven she held onto the thought of them looking down on her. Ariana went to live with her Mum which the social worker approved. She formed a close relationship with the babysitter who was Polish and she took care of Ariana and Liam most of the times.

Which character do you most relate to?

I want to say Alexa because she does what she wants and that's literally me. I do what I want even if other people don't like it. If teachers are being rude, I will stand up for myself. If something is wrong then I will speak up. I'm also like Lilly too. Lilly cares about her grades and that they're always good and I'm like her in that way. I want my grades to stay high because I want a good future.

Is there going to be a sequel?

I honestly don't know. A lot of people want a sequel with Alexa and Tyler but I'm not sure how that would go. I would have to like plan it out but I'm not sure what would happen in it. If you think I should make a sequel then let me know because I'll consider it.

How is Ryan doing?

Ryan is going to college and he's doing good. After her death, Ryan was really affected by it. But now he is doing a lot better. He visits Alexa's grave regularly and he also goes to Tyler's grave too. He knew how much Tyler meant to Alexa.

What inspired you to write such a story?

I wanted to write a story about cancer first but I didn't want the cancer to dominate the story. Cancer affects so many people and it is a huge killer. I also wanted people to fall in love with the characters. I remember everyone hated Alexa in the first couple of chapters which I understand but you can see she was more loved towards the middle and the ending of the story. Landon was the best friend anyone would wish for. I will actually miss writing about these characters.

Why did Alexa's father leave them?

He didn't love Alexa's mother no more and he fell in love with someone else. He moved out because he felt that it wasn't right to be staying there with her mother. He made the mistake of not coming back and seeing the kids regularly and he regrets that.

What's going on between Landon and Lilly?

When Alexa passed away, the two became very close. Landon would visit and stay with Lilly everyday. He would always make sure that she was okay. Is there romance blossoming between the two? I can't say. I'll leave that to you guys to figure that out.

Will you be writing any other books?

Yes!! I've got a book that's already planned. This book is very very close to my heart. The ending is going to be one that no one expects. It's going to be truly saddening but it's there to share a message. So that people understand and aware of what it is happening in the world. It's cruel and horrible but I feel the need to share it because of how close it is to me. It will be upsetting as you expect so I'm sorry for that. I will let you know when the first chapter is out :))

Just a thank you!!

Thank you all for reading. I have truly loved writing for all of you. It's been an absolute pleasure that I have enjoyed. Let's hope I can continue writing for you all because I love doing this. I don't get paid for this but I will always make time to write for you guys. Thank you once again

Edited: 20th July 2019

Hi guys