Chapter 20

I woke up and wore shorts and a tank top. I tied a jacket around my waist and I put on a pair of trainers. I combed my hair and put it up in a bun. I brushed my teeth and grabbed the bags that had Ariana's clothes in and I went downstairs.

"Hi Alexa, it's a big day today, I hope everything goes well," John said as I entered the kitchen.

"Thanks," I said.

"I'll be with you spiritually because Mum said I have to go to college," Ryan said.

"I got a day off work as I explained the situation with my boss, Richard, and I think we should head out to the hospital in half an hour," she said.

"Mum, it's 7:30 and we have to be there was 11, it's way too early," I said.

"Still, we should head out soon," she said.

"I'm going Tyler's house," I said.

"What? Why?" She asked, shocked.

"I'm just helping him and Ari out, I'll be an hour tops," I said.

"But Lilly's told me he doesn't know that you have cancer so he won't know about this operation," she said.

"And your point is?" I asked.

"He'll be confused to why you're not going to school when he realises you're not there," she said.

"I'll make something up," I said.

"Why can't you tell him the truth?" She asked.

"Because I don't want things to change between us, he's one of my best friends and I don't want him looking at me like I'm dying," I said.

She never said anything. I ate a piece of toast from Ryan's plate, which made him a bit annoyed, and I headed out. I walked to Tyler's house with the bags and I knocked on. Tyler's mum opened the door. She looked glamorous and well-dressed. She rolled her eyes when she saw me and continued cradling her belly as she walked to her car. I saw that her car looked very posh and expensive as she sat in and drove off.

I walked inside and went upstairs. I knocked on a door that I thought would be Ariana. It opened straight away and Tyler was stood there. He was naked with just a towel. I felt my cheeks heat up as I tried to distract myself from the perfect abs that he had. Why am I like this? God, I need to pull myself together.

"I just had a shower, sorry, how come you're here?" He asked.

I was glad he never commented on the fact I blushed when I saw him.

"I bought Ariana some clothes and she said I could do her hair today," I said.

"Brilliant, that'll save me a job, she's just in there thanks," he said, pointing at a door.

"It's alright," I said as I walked to the door he pointed at.

"Oh and Alexa," he said.

I turned around.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I saw that blush," he said, smirking as he walked into a room and closed the door.

I groaned loudly and smacked my head in annoyance. He's never going to forget that. I walked into Ariana's room and she was fast asleep. She looked adorable and so peaceful. I shook her shoulders slightly and she stirred. She opened her eyes and she smiled when she saw me.

"Alexa! You're here," she squealed.

She got out of bed and I helped her to make her bed.

"So, which outfit?" I asked her.