Chapter 67

'You said that you'll always be there for me but you're not,' - Unknown.

***

Dad entered the room with pizza and chocolates.

"Thank god, some proper food," I said. 

"I could do with some pizza," Ryan said.

Dad sat on the bed and opened the box. Lilly, Ryan, Mum and I all took a slice. I ate the pizza, savouring every bite. I specifically told John to tell Ariana that I was unwell and that's all. If she found out what the real situation was, she would be devastated. She's had enough heartbreak recently; she doesn't need anymore.

"This is delish," I said.

"I know, pizza is like the best food ever made," Dad said.

"Agreed," Lilly said.

It's been five days since I was admitted into hospital. My family such as my distant uncles and cousins have visited. I had lots of cards from them which I kept on the bedside table to be respectful. Landon was coming again today with Kylie. The first time they came, it was really sad because everyone was in tears.

I was in more and more pain as time went by. The doctor increased the dosage of morphine that I was getting but I still felt some pain. Landon came in with Kylie and they both had McDonald's in their hands.

"We bought food," Landon said with a grin on his face.

Everyone had left by the time they got here so that we could spend some time with each other. Despite the fact I just had pizza, I could still eat a bag of chips with a burger. Kylie gave me the burger and I munched onto it.

"I've had a talk with my Mum and I'm not leaving the hospital," Landon said.

"That's insane, why would you do that?" I asked.

"I wasn't here for Tyler in his last moments so I want to make sure I don't make the same mistake twice," he said.

"I'd do the same but my Dad would literally drag me out and shove me in the boot of the car," Kylie said.

The image of her Dad doing that made me laugh and we all started laughing. Landon and Kylie stayed for hours and we talked about literally everything. The doctor then entered the room.

"I'm sorry to be the one that has to say that you two need to leave now. Alexa needs some rest. I'll leave you to say goodbye," Dr Ray said.

Landon gave me a hug.

"I'm right outside, just a walk away," he said.

Kylie then hugged me.

"I'm right at home, only a phone call away," she said in an annoyed voice.

Landon and I both bursted out laughing as the same image of her Dad shoving her in the boot of a car came back into our heads. Kylie rolled her eyes before holding my hands.

"I'll be back tomorrow, I love you," she said.

"Love you too," I said.

They both left the room and I turned off the lights using the remote on the side and headed to sleep, hoping in my mind to wake up to another day...

I woke up and checked the time to see it was 8 in the morning. The doctor came in to take some checks and he was going to leave without a word till I stopped him.

"What's wrong Dr Ray?" I asked.

"Who said anything was wrong?" He replied back.

"You didn't say a word. You normally waffle on about how mornings are stressful," I said.

"You're not wrong there. I was hoping to talk to you when your Mum arrives," he said.

"So there is something wrong," I said.

He gave me a sad smile as if to say yes. He left the room and the nurse came in.

"Hi Lex, what would you like for breakfast? she asked.

"Can I have a McDonald's hash brown and bagel," I said.

She burst out laughing.

"You're so funny, you are. I can get you toast with potato waffle, I mean it's not Maccies but will it do for you?" She asked.

"Perfect," I said.

I gave her a smile as she left the room with a grin on her face. Mum entered the room and she gave me a kiss before sitting next to me. Lilly came in too and she looked half asleep.

"Lils, go to sleep," I said.

"I said the same," Mum said.

"I'm not tired," she said before yawning.

The nurse came in and she handed my breakfast to me. I ate the majority of the food before putting my plate aside. The doctor entered the room and gave me a nod.

"So, Alexa's condition was not deteriorating as fast at first however there's been an abrupt change and she's deteriorating much faster. Just thought I'd let you know. Time's not on your side," he said.

He left the room and Mum looked upset by what she had heard.

"Hey, time was not on our side in the first place," I said, holding her hand. She gave a small smile but she still looked really sad.

Time really was not on my side.

__________________________________

It's my birthday whoopp
I did another year. I'm literally so proud of myself for getting through another tough year.

By the way, thank you all for 1k followers!! Means the world to me. Love you boos xx