Chapter 11

I arrived home. The date was okay. The food was decent but I didn't understand the French menu. It was 10:00PM. I kind of hoped that he'd take me for desserts because I just feel like eating ice cream right now.

"How was your date?" Lilly asked.

"It was okay," I said.

"Just okay? Seriously, he's not the guy for you then," she said.

I never replied and went straight to the kitchen. I saw Lilly follow me. I grabbed a Ben&Jerry's ice cream tub from the freezer and a spoon. I went to the living room and bounced on the couch and put the TV on. I kicked my heels off and started eating the ice cream.

"What kind of guy is he, if you're still hungry after eating out?" She asked.

"The desserts consisted of frog's legs and snails which isn't very appealing to me," I said.

"You should get to bed, we have school tomorrow," she said.

"Erghhh," I groaned.

"Alright, I'm going bed now, see you Lex,"

"Night,"

I turned the TV off and went upstairs after finishing the ice cream. I took off my makeup which is an absolutely daunting task. I got changed and went straight to bed.

***
"How was your date?" Kylie said.

"It was okay," I said.

"Just okay?" She said.

"You sound like Lilly now," I said.

I was currently in school and we had Food Tech next. We started walking towards Food Tech. I went in and sat at the back as Tyler came in and sat next to me. The lesson began and I yawned as Miss Smith started talking about Chinese food.

The lesson came to an end sooner than I expected.

"I want you to get your ingredients for tomorrow and I want you to make food inspired by the Chinese culture so basically Chinese food," Miss Smith announced.

"Shall I come to yours after school to go shopping for the food?" I asked Tyler.

"No, it's fine, trust me, I'll sort it," he said.

"Alright,"

"But you're more than welcome to come over," he said.

We went our separate ways to our next lesson.

At the end of the day, I found myself walking to Tyler's house. I knocked on the door and Ariana opened it and let me in.

"Tyler's making dinner," she said.

We walked to the kitchen and she was right Tyler was making dinner.

"Hi, Tyler," I said.

"Hi, I'm just making dinner, it's just fish fingers, mash and beans, everything came from either a packet or a tin," he said.

"Do you need a hand?" I asked.

"I think I know how to heat up some beans," he chuckled.

Ariana set out the table whilst I just sat down completely useless. Tyler placed two fish fingers on each plate with a spoon of mash and beans on the side. I noticed that he filled up three plates and placed them on the table.

"Oh, is your Mum home?" I asked.

"No," he said.

He sat on the table with Ariana.

"Don't you want to eat, Alexa?" Ariana asked, pointing at the third plate.

"Is that for me?" I asked.