Chapter 7

It was the weekend which meant I could have a lie in. I saw that it was 11:00AM and I decided to get out of bed. I put on my night gown and my slippers and went downstairs. Everyone was downstairs eating breakfast. I joined them at the table. Mum placed a plate of two toast in front of me. I only managed to eat half a piece of toast before I was full.

"Aren't you going to finish your toast?" Mum asked.

"I can't eat anymore, I'm stuffed," I said.

"You've hardly touched it, Alexa," John said.

A knock on the door distracted us all.

"Would you get that for us, Lex?" Mum said.

I got up and opened the door. Kylie was stood there.

"Alexa, I need your help," she said.

"With what?" I asked.

"Dean's parents have invited me over to celebrate his Mum's birthday at a restaurant tonight and I have no idea on what to wear," she said.

I could see that she was stressed out. I told her to come in and we went straight to my bedroom. I got out a pair of jeans and a top and I got ready whilst Kylie looked through my closet for anything that she could wear. I brushed my hair and tied it up in a ponytail. I put on my trainers and I was ready.

"Shall we go into town?" I asked her.

She nodded and we went downstairs. I grabbed my coat and put it on. I went to the kitchen to inform Mum we were going out.

"Hi, Kylie," Lilly said, which Kylie replied to.

"Mum, I'm going out with Kylie," I said to her.

"Alright, see you later," she said.

"Do you want to come Lilly?" Kylie asked.

"No, it's fine, bye," she said.

We walked out and got a bus to town. When we arrived, we searched through the shops for something that she could wear.

"How about this dress?" I asked her.

She saw the dress and took it to the changing room to try it on. She came out minutes later with the dress on. It was a black dress that stopped mid-thigh and it flared out at the bottom. It clung to her chest and it loosened out at the bottom. It was perfect as it looked like she wasn't trying to hard but still looked stunning as well.

"You look gorgeous, Ky," I said.

"Thank you, Lex, the dress is perfect," she said.

She payed for the dress and we went to grab something to eat. We went to Starbucks and took a seat. I ordered a cheese toastie and a Frappuccino whilst Kylie ordered an iced coffee and a chicken panini. We grabbed our food and sat down. I began to eat even though I wasn't really hungry.

Minutes later, a loud eruption of noise could be heard as a group of boys came in. We stopped talking and looked up to see Tyler, Dean and Landon. Who knew that they were best friends? When they spotted us, they came over and joined our table.

Tyler sat next to me whilst Dean sat next to Kylie and Landon sat next to Dean. Tyler took my cheese toastie off my plate and began eating it.

"Oi, you should never eat a girl's food, they'll go Mike Tyson on you," Landon said.

Tyler looked at me and raised an eyebrow.