Chapter 46

'When you're dead, you're finally at peace,' - Unknown.

***

I had currently had two radiotherapy sessions and I was now doing Belle's makeup whilst Hannah painted her nails. After I did her makeup, I started on her hair. I added in hair extensions that she bought yesterday.

I straightened out all of her hair and I then curled the middle and bottom bit of her hair. I added two small dutch braids to the top of her hair and the rest was left out. After I finished, I added hairspray to her hair.

"The nurse is coming," Callum hushed as he hurried inside.

He was keeping guard to make sure we wouldn't get caught.

"Quickly," Hannah said, ushering Belle to hide behind the bed.

The nurse entered the room.

"Hannah, I need to take a blood test," She said.

"Okay," Hannah said.

"Follow me," she said.

Hannah followed the nurse out of the room and I hurried to Belle. She was looking at herself in the mirror.

"You made me look so beautiful," she said.

"I didn't, you were already beautiful," I said.

She smiled at me and got up from behind the bed. She got her dress that was on the side and went to the bathroom to get changed. Because Belle had been in hospital for months, she had her own bathroom in her room.

Belle came out and she looked stunning. Her dress made her look amazing. Her makeup wasn't too heavy, it just enhanced her features. The eye makeup made her blue eyes pop. The red lipstick made her lips look more plump.

"Wow, you look so gorgeous," I said.

"Do I actually?" She said.

"Yeah, you look absolutely beautiful," Hannah said.

I turned around and she had just come back. She rushed to Belle and hugged her tightly.

"We have to get Ben," Hannah said.

She rushed back outside, her trolley squeaking as she hurried out. Hannah came back minutes later with Ben. He looked stunned when he saw her. He came to her and hugged her tightly.

"We need to take pictures," Hannah said.

I took out my phone and I held the phone and took a picture of us all. I used the front camera.

"Ooh, let me hold it," Belle said.

She took the phone and took a selfie of her with Ben. They were both smiling widely. She returned the phone back to me and that's when I saw the pure sadness that Ben had in his eyes that began to water.

"Please don't go," he sobbed.

"I have to," she said, sniffling.

"I can't do it without you, there's no point of it all without you," he said.

"You're going to be fine because I know you can do it," she said.

She wiped the tears off his face and hugged him tightly. She looked heartbroken. I was a little bit lost. Ben was acting as if he'd never see her again and Belle was acting just the same but I didn't say anything. I noticed Hannah was sniffling too but hers were happy tears.

Callum walked into the room.

"Belle, you look amazing but I can't deal with being in a room full of emotional teenagers," he said.