Chapter 15

I felt someone shaking my shoulders which woke me up. I looked up to see Mum.

"Mum!" I shrieked.

I got up and hugged her tight. Ryan stirred and he got up along with Lilly. Lilly hugged onto Mum.

"Please tell me you aren't going work," Ryan said.

"I'm sorry, but there's a serious investigation going on and I'm needed," she said.

"Mum you haven't even slept," Lilly said.

"Give me your phone," I said.

"Why, honey?" She asked.

"I just need to check the time," I lied.

She got out her phone and switched it on. I quickly took it from her hands. I unlocked her phone which was easy because her password was 1234 which was the simplest password going. I went to her contacts list and clicked on 'Richard Lewis (Boss)' and rang it.

"Hello, Mrs Miller, is everything okay?" Richard said.

"I'm sorry, Mr Lewis, but Mum is ill today so she can't come to work," I said.

"I'm sorry about that, will she be in tomorrow?" He asked.

"I'm not sure," I said.

"Give her my best," he said.

"Bye," I said.

I turned the phone off and saw Mum raising her eyebrows.

"That was epic," Lilly squealed.

"So, today Mum, you are off to the spa and you're getting a massage," I said.

I ran upstairs and went into Mum's room. John was still in bed. I shook his shoulders so that he woke up.

"You alright, Lex?" He asked whilst yawning.

"Mum's going to the spa, could you please give me some money for her to take?" I asked.

"Go in my wallet and you can take £50, my wallet's is on the desk," he said.

I found his wallet and took out £40 instead of £50. I went to him and hugged him. I said thanks and went downstairs. Mum had changed into casual clothes and she was ready.

"Here's your money for the spa," I said, handing her the money.

"Thank you but I do have my own money," She said.

"Take it and Ryan will drop you off now, won't you?" I said, glaring at him.

"I haven't even ate or showered," he exclaimed.

"It's alright, I'll take my car," she said.

She kissed me on my forehead and left.

"You know we're late for school, Alexa?" Lilly said.

"Oh shit, I forgot about school," I said.