Chapter 37

"You can love someone so much. But you can never love a person as much as you miss them," - John Green

***

"You're taking ages!" Lilly exclaimed.

"It's not my fault these tubes are getting tangled with everything," I groaned.

I was in the changing room trying on some dresses and it was not going well if I'm honest. Half of these dresses take ages to put on and they're even harder to take off.

"Shall I give you a hand?" Lilly asked.

"Yes," I sighed in defeat.

Lilly came in the changing room and yanked the dress down in one go and it fell into place.

"How did you do that?" I asked.

"Magic," she smirked.

I rolled my eyes and looked in the mirror. The dress was too short. It stopped at my calves. I didn't like the way I looked in it. I looked way too tall in the dress.

Lilly found a nude coloured dress that was all see through near the top and the bottom bit of the dress. In the middle, there was sequins embroidered onto the dress. It looked stunning.

She handed me the dress and she helped put it on. I turned around and looked in the mirror. The dress looked amazing. It sparkled and caught the light every time you moved.

"I think this is the dress," she said.

"I was just going to say that," I replied.

I checked the price of the dress and it was £120. I went to the cashier and bought it. I was using my own money that I've always saved up. Mum normally gave me £7 everyday to buy school lunch and most of the times, I didn't use all of it. I saved it.

"We need to buy shoes now," Lilly said.

"We don't, I've got loads of heels at home," I said.

"True," she said.

"Let's go eat, I'm starving," I said.

We went to a pizza place and I bought a pepperoni pizza whilst Lilly got a pineapple pizza. We sat down and I ate all the pizza and I drank a full can of Coke. Lilly ate almost all her pizza.

"Shall we go home now?" I asked.

"Let's shop for a bit more," Lilly said.

"I'm really tired Lils," I said.

"Okay, I don't think we need anything anyways," she said.

We headed back home in a taxi because I just didn't have the energy to walk anymore. When I went inside, I dropped my bag in the living room and sat on the sofa. 

"Lets see the dress you got," Ryan said.

"You'll have to wait till the dance," I smirked.

"It's not like you're going with me," he groaned.

"Yeah but still," I said.

"Mum said we have to do something together," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"She wants me, you and Lilly to spend time together," he said.

"We have breakfast and dinner together, isn't that enough?" I asked.

"That's what I said!" he exclaimed.

"What shall we do then?" I asked.

"Might as well ask Lilly," he said.