Chapter 4

Tyler and I were sat down in the smoker's room. We were sent out by Miss Smith because we were both annoying her. Tyler put on some music which we listened to. I felt relaxed and I put my head down on the desk so I could rest.

Just before I was about to sleep, I felt my chest tighten. I couldn't breathe. I stood up and clenched my chest, desperate to get some oxygen into my lungs. I held the wall. I began seeing black dots. After what seemed like ages, I finally managed to breathe in oxygen.  Relieved, I sat down. I never noticed Tyler next to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, just couldn't catch my breath," I replied.

"Do you want to go see the nurse? I can take you,"

"No, it's fine,"

He sat down in front of me and propped his head onto his hands and leaned onto the table.

"So, Alexa, what's up?" He asked.

"Seriously, what do you want of me?" I asked.

"Seeing as we're partners, we should get to each other better," he said.

"Well my life is hardly interesting, I live with Mum, Lilly, Ryan and John." I said.

"What about your dad?" He asked.

"John's my stepdad, my actual Dad cheated on my Mum and left us," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Same with me, I have a stepdad too," he said.

"What happened to your Dad?" I asked, curious.

"He died," he said quietly, looking down.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"It's not your fault," he said, giving me a small smile.

"How many siblings do you have?" I asked.

"It's just me and Ari, she's six, but Mum's pregnant so I'll have another," he said, frowns appearing on his head.

"You don't sound too happy about that,"

"I just don't like David, he treats us all.."

"Go on,"

"No, I'd rather not say," he said.

It's sounded like he had a tough life and that he didn't like David. I'm glad that John's okay and I loved him like he was my actual Dad.

"Do you want to come out for dinner tomorrow?" He asked, out of the blue.

"Come on, Tyler, we've been doing so well and I don't want you to use me like you have with all the other girls, I'm really sorry, I'd like to remain a virgin for the time being, thanks," I said.

"We can go as friends, and I wouldn't do that to you, you're not like the other girls, you're different," he said.

I raised an eyebrow. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

"Alright, I'll come as friends, but the food better be nice," I said.

The bell rang and for once, he was the first to leave.

"See you tomorrow at 5:00, I'll pick you up," He said before leaving.

He was really mysterious but I was intrigued about him. Something about him, compelled me towards him.

***

It was currently 4;00PM and I had an hour till Tyler came. I already told Mum that he was taking me out. To my surprise, I was actually making an effort. I straightened my waves out and put my hair up in a high ponytail. I applied some mascara and lipgloss. I didn't want to be trying too hard. I changed into a white top and a black skirt paired with matching shoes.