Chapter 47

'She loved him and he loved her, but it wasn't that simple' -Unknown

***

She wasn't breathing. My eyes widened.

"Belle," Hannah screamed from behind me.

"No, no, no," She said. Hannah shook her shoulders but nothing.

Hannah wailed as she sunk to her knees, burying her head in Belle as I continued holding Belle's hand. The doctors must've heard her wailing as dozens of nurses and doctors rushed into the room. They saw Belle and instantly knew she was gone.

"Come Alexa and Hannah," Dr Ray said.

"No!" She shrieked whilst the sobs escaped her mouth.

I was still in shock, and frozen to where I was. The doctor came to me and eased my hand off Belle's and escorted me away from Belle. Hannah wasn't going to let go. Nurses began to hold Hannah and pull her off Belle whilst she tried to fight back. They restrained her whilst she screamed for them to let go. But they didn't. They injected her with something that made her instantly drop down and fall asleep.

Dr Ray took me back to my room as I remained silent without a word. He asked if I was okay but I couldn't reply. I couldn't talk. I was in complete shock and he understood and left.

I stayed like this for a very long time. Hours at least. Until I saw a women screeching outside, running down the corridor. I'm guessing it was Belle's mum. I left the room and at the end of the corridors was a lady sitting down on the floor with her head in her hands.

I walked towards her, pulling my trolley along with me. I sat down on the floor besides her.

"I'm sorry," I said to her.

She deserved my apology. Belle could've still be here if I never helped her to go to the prom. It was probably being at the prom that caused her death. It was partly my fault and I felt such regret.

She looked up at me.

"I'm such a bad mother," she sobbed.

"You're not," I said.

"I am, Belle wanted to be free out of the hospital for so long and at least she would've died happily at home rather than alone at the hospital. Belle was so unhappy here," she said, sniffling.

"She wasn't alone, she had many friends here," I said.

"She still died unhappy," she said.

I'm guessing her mum still did not know that Belle did go to the prom. Belle was happy. I know that at least. She died happily, going to the prom. That was her dream.

"She didn't, I can show you, wait here," I said.

I got up and rushed down the corridor, back to my room. I grabbed my phone and sat in my wheelchair and hurried down the corridor to the opposite end to where Belle's Mum was. In the hospital, there's an area where newborn babies can have their pictures taken and printed out. That's where I was heading.

After a couple of minutes, and with help from asking people, I arrived at the section I was looking for. I went to the printer and plugged my phone into the charger that was attached to the printer. On the screen, came options on what size picture you'd like.