Chapter 35

As quick as I could, I got out of bed and got dressed. I was running late. Really late. I put my hair up in a bun, which I did not even have time to brush. I rushed downstairs and saw that Mum was eating breakfast with John.

"Mum you should've woke me up, I'm going to be so late," I said.

"I thought Lilly woke you up and that you left," Mum said.

"Do you want some breakfast Lex?" John asked.

"I don't have time, I'm going now," I said.

I saw in the mirror that there was a bruise on my face that was visible. I grabbed the concealer from my bag and applied it on my face where the bruise was and I blended it in.

I left the house and walked to school. When I got there, I grabbed a brush from my locker and headed to the smoker's room. Tyler and Landon were sat there and they were just lying down on a table.

"Sup Lex," Tyler said.

"You're even later than Tyler!" Landon said.

"I woke up late," I groaned.

"Heard of an alarm?" Tyler mocked.

"I pressed snooze when it first went off and I fell back to sleep by accident," I said.

They both started to laugh which just made me laugh.

"We were just talking about the school dance," Landon said, smiling.

"Shut up man," Tyler said frowning.

"Are you going?" I asked Landon.

"Yeah I'm going with Ellie Reeds," Landon said.

"Arghhh she's hot, when did you ask her?" I asked.

"I asked her this morning," Landon said.

"You guys will be cute together," I said.

"Are you going?" Landon asked.

"I don't fancy going if I'm honest and I don't even have anyone to go with," I said

"But you have to go Lex," Landon exclaimed.

I shrugged my shoulders. I did want to go and there has been many guys who texted me asking for me to go with them but I didn't like any of them. I don't even know them.

I gave Landon the brush.

"Can you brush my hair?" I asked him.

"I have Geography, I'm sure Ty can," Landon said.

Landon threw the brush in Tyler's direction and he caught it. Landon left the room and I sat down next to Tyler on the table. I took off my hair tie and Tyler started to brush my hair. He tied my hair in a braid and it looked pretty good.

"You did a pretty good job," I said.

He smiled and handed me the brush back. The bell rang and we went to the hall to do our English mocks. I found it okay and it wasn't as hard as I expected it to be.

At the end of the day, I went home and John was eating dinner with Ryan.

"Oh Alexa, I'm really sorry but the girls who attacked you had really strong alibis to where they were and the police can't take any further action because there are many people who can vouch for them, I tried my hardest to get something done but there's nothing that can be done, " he said.

"It's fine honestly," I said.

It bothered me so much that they got away with it. I hated that I got no justice. It was so unfair and really annoying.

I went upstairs and went straight to bed. I can't be bothered revising. I hate revising. My mind started to think about random things.

I don't want to fail my mocks. Failing my mocks would mean my report would not improve but it would get worse. That would mean that I will disappoint Mum and Mr Porter which I don't want.

I also would be moved down a set which I don't want either. I got out of bed and went to my desk. I pulled my books out and revised for the next couple of hours. I'm glad I made use of my time.

I put away my books and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and showered. After that, I put my night clothes on and I put my hair in a bun. I went to bed and fell asleep almost instantly.

_______________________________

The story will get better and the chapters will be longer.

Guys what's the most embarrassing thing you've done.

Mine is that I had a crush back when I was 13 and I fancied him like mad. I never had the courage to tell him I liked him and I got really excited when he asked me to be his partner for a project. Just a few days ago, before school ended for summer, I tripped over and I fell right onto him and he stopped me from falling. We've never spoken for a long time and he said to me  'I see you're still falling for me'. I could've died right there.

Another time, I was a late comer when I was 9 because I moved schools so I was new to the class. They went swimming every Wednesday so I had to go with them. I couldn't  swim and everyone had to go in the deep end. I had no idea what that nmeant. I went in and drowned and the lifeguard had to resuscitate me in front of everyone.