Chapter 19

It was the day before my operation. The past few days were actually pretty good. I loved it when I had Food Tech because I could talk to Tyler and Mr Porter and we'd just talk about anything. They took my mind off the fact that I'm ill.

"Sup," I heard Tyler say.

"I've got Biology first," I groaned.

He smirked at the fact that I was annoyed.

"Oh, sorry, shall I rephrase that? We have Biology," I said, smiling.

The smirk dropped from his face. The bell rang and I took his hand and dragged him to lesson with me. If I never physically dragged him there, then he'd go wandering off for a cigarette.

It does hurt me when I see him smoke because he smokes and nothing happens. He doesn't get cancer whereas I have never even touched a cigarette and I get cancer. It's unfair but I'm glad that he's okay. I wouldn't want him to get cancer. I'll have to make him quit sometimes soon.

We sat at the back in our usual spot and we both worked hard. We managed to finish all the work set before anyone else which is pretty good so we just talked amongst ourselves.

"Could I borrow Alexa, please?" I heard someone say which diverted my attention.

I looked up to see Mr Porter at the door. He smiled at me. My teacher obviously said yes. I got up and grabbed my bag.

"I'll see you later?" Tyler asked.

"Come with Dean and Landon and sit with me and Kylie at lunch," I said to him.

"Alright," he said.

I walked out the class and Mr Porter walked alongside me until we reached his office. We went in and we both sat down. I was really confused as to why he called me in.

"Your Mum called me before asking if you gave a letter to me and she was panicking a bit and then she turned the phone," he said.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"She's fine, I rang her back and she apologised before saying bye," he said.

"Okay," I said.

"So what letter did she want you to give me, Alexa?" He asked.

I reached into my bag and pulled out the letter And handed it to him. He read it and I saw his eyes widen.

"Alexa, it says you have an operation tomorrow to remove a tumour from your brain," he said.

"I know so I won't be in," I said.

"You have cancer, Alexa?" He asked.

"Yeah, lung cancer," I said.

"I'm so sorry, Alexa. How come they're operating on your brain?" He asked.

"It's spread to my brain," I said.

He got up and walked around the desk. I got up and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine," I said.

"Does Tyler know?" He asked.

"No, why would I tell him?" I asked.

"Aren't you guys going out?" He asked.

"No, we're just friends," I said, laughing.

"He is very fond of you Alexa, you know?" he said.

"You're kidding, right?" I chuckled.

He just rolled his eyes.

"I wish you the best for your operation Alexa," he said.