Chapter 6

I went downstairs and quickly ate a piece of toast. I rushed back upstairs to get my back. I woke up so late today. Lilly had already gone school. She never even bothered to wake me up. I'm going to be so late today.

"Can you give me a lift?" I asked Ryan.

"I always take you," he said, groaning.

"Don't lie, I've been walking it these past few weeks," I said.

"Fine," He said, standing up.

He walked to the door and grabbed his coat off the rack and put it on. He went through his pockets and pulled out his keys. He gestured for me to follow him and I did. We walked to his car and he drove me to school.

"Thanks," I said, quickly getting out of the car to get to school.

"Bye, idiot," he said.

I waved as he drove off. I scanned my school ID onto the scanner and the doors opened. I walked in and the corridors were empty. Everyone must've been in class. I checked my timetable to see that I had PE. I groaned and walked towards the changing room which was empty. I quickly got changed into my PE clothes which were shorts and a T-shirt. I put on my trainers and went to the Running Court.

I saw my PE class taking laps around the track as Mr Parkin ordered them to run quicker. I walked towards the track and Mr Parkin walked to me.

"Why are you late?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, I woke up late," I admitted.

"I like you Alexa but you've been lacking recently, I'm sorry but you'll have to do three laps when everyone's gone in," he said.

"Alright, Sir," I said.

He blew the whistle and the class walked towards the changing room. Some of the girls greeted me when they walked past me.

"Alright, go ahead," he said.

I put my bottle of water on the ground and I began to run around the huge track. After the first lap, I was exhausted but I continued running. I ran with all of my strength and energy.

After what seemed like ages, I had nearly finished my third and final lap. I stopped at the end and panted heavily. I saw Mr Parkin walk towards me before everything became blurry and disoriented. Everything began to spin and I couldn't focus. My chest felt like it was going to blow up. I struggled to breathe. I felt my knees buckle and everything went black.

____

"Alexa," I heard someone say.

I opened my eyes to see that I was with the school nurse and Mr Parkin. I pushed myself up so I was sat up. The ice pack that was on my head fell onto my lap and I removed it.

"Alexa, are you okay?" Mr Parkin asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said.

"It seems like you sort of fainted but I'm not sure because you were gone for like an hour," the nurse said.

"Everything was spinning and then it all blackened out," I said.

"I think you should go to the doctor's, I'm just a nurse, a doctor could actually inform you on what happened," she said

"Why is everyone telling me to see the doctor's?" I said, angrily.

I put the ice pack on the bed and walked out the room. I walked towards my next lesson which was Science.

"Alexa, wait!" I heard someone shout.

I looked behind to see Mr Parkin running towards me. He handed me my bag and a carrier bag that had my clothes in as I was still in my PE clothes.