Chapter 22

I woke up and saw that Kylie was up and ready. She was tying up her laces on her trainers. She smiled at me when she realised that I was awake. She brushed through her hair and tied it up in a ponytail.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I promised my mum I'd get to school so I'm going to set off in 10 minutes," she said.

"Stay for breakfast?" I asked.

"I'll pass on the hospital food," she said.

"I'm going to be so bored today," I groaned.

"I'll try coming back after school, you should text Tyler to come over, he would actually miss school to give you company," she said.

"But that would mean that I'd have to tell him so I'd rather not," I said.

"Well, it's your loss," she said.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Alright, I'm going now," she said.

"Bye," I said as she headed out .

I'm actually so bored. I decided to try out the TV here which was tiny but I couldn't really do anything else. I switched it on and found out that there was only four channels. This sucks. I could actually die of boredom.

The Doctor came in, distracting me out of my thoughts. He smiled at me.

"I'm so bored," I groaned.

"As soon as we take some tests and if your on track then you're free to go home," he said.

"What kind of tests?" I asked.

"An X-Ray and a CT scan," he replied.

"Now?" I asked.

"If you're up to it," he said.

I nodded and he took me to another room. I had a CT Scan which was pretty annoying because I hate staying still for a long time. After that, I had an X-Ray which wasn't too bad and then Dr.Ray took me back to my room that I was staying in.

"Do you have any headaches or pains?" He asked.

"I have a headache but it's not that bad," I said.

"I'll go check up on your scans and I'll report back to you in 30 minutes and I'll prescribe you some medication for the headache," he said.

"Alright," I said.

"The nurse will come and give you breakfast soon," he said.

He left the room and I went through the suitcase. I pulled out shorts and a tank top. I changed my clothes as I didn't like staying in the hospital gown. Plus, I'd be going home today anyways. I put on a pair of trainers that I bought with me. I then put everything back in my suitcase like my charger and earphones that I'd take back home. I made up the bed and folded the gown and left it on the chair.

A lady came in with a trolley. She didn't look too happy and seemed extremely moody.

"Do you want dippy eggs with toast or cereal?" She asked.

"Such a wide variety of choices!" I said.

She rolled her eyes in annoyance at my sarcasm.

"Quickly," she said.

"I'll just have the toast and egg," I said.

She gave me a plate with an egg in an egg cup and two slices of toast.

"Orange juice or water," she said.

"Orange juice," I said.

She filled a plastic cup with orange juice that was from a big carton and put it on the tray with the plate. I muttered a thanks and she left the room with the trolley.