Chapter 40

'If you give up on me, I'm going to give up on me too,' - Unknown

***

PLEASE READ NOTE AT THE END x

***
Yes, I'm still here. Stuck behind the couch and next to the radio heater. I'm waiting till break time comes then the library will be full of people and I can get out of here. Just ten more minutes. Ten more minutes.

I sighed in tiredness and quickly covered my mouth for making a loud noise. Well it wasn't a loud noise but in a pin drop silence it's really loud. I heard the rush of students come in. I slowly and discreetly came out from my hiding spot.

I ginger-haired girl with enticing green eyes was sat on the couch and looked at me confused to why I was hiding there. I remembered her. On the first day back, I dropped my books and she helped me pick them up. She was really nice.

I smiled at her automatically, remembering how she helped me. If she helped me then, then I'm sure she would maybe help me now. I sat down next to her and pulled out the paper from my pocket.

"Can you help me with something?" I asked her.

"Yeah, with what?" she replied whilst smiling.

I handed her all the papers with the riddles I had in my pocket in the order they came in.

"Someone left these for me to find," I said.

"Sounds interesting, the last one is pretty obvious, it's in the library somewhere," she said.

"But it could be anywhere," I said.

"Have you looked around already?" She asked.

"Yeah, I've pretty much looked in most places," I said.

"Do you want me to help you look all over again?" She asked.

"Yeah, that'd be really good, thanks," I said.

"I'm Imogen by the way," she said.

"I'm Alexa,"

We both looked around the library and still couldn't find anything.

"The only place I think that it could be in here is inside a book," Imogen said.

"There's like thousands of books in here, I highly doubt the person would be stupid enough to put it inside a book," I said.

"There is another room where it could be," she said.

"Where?" I asked.

"The book storeroom where they keep all the new books," she said.

"Where is it?" I asked.

"The other side of the school, near the Maths department," she said.

"Let's go to it," I said.

"We'll need to get the PIN number to the door which I can get from the librarian's laptop," she said.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to get in trouble," I said.

"Yeah, it's fine plus you'll have to keep him occupied whilst I do it," she said.

I went to the librarian and asked him if he could reach a book high up for me. He said yes and left his desk and followed me to the far end of the library. Imogen gave me a thumbs up as she began to go on the librarian's laptop.

"Is it this book?" The librarian asked.

I saw that Imogen was still on her laptop so I shook my head and said no.