Chapter 55

'It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember' - Unknown.

***

"I'm getting a tattoo," I blurted out to Mum.

I saw the look of horror on her face as her mouth slowly opened. I added a please after a few seconds when she wasn't saying anything. She finally made the effort to say something despite the scare.

"Darling, I know you're doing your bucket list, but do you honestly think it's sensible to get a tattoo?" She asked.

"I wouldn't have asked if I didn't," I said.

"I don't think you can even get one, you're too young," she said.

"I can if you sign the parental consent form," I said.

"I don't want you ruining your body with tattoos," Mum said.

"Tattoos are art," I said.

She didn't say anything but rolled her eyes.

"It'll be really small, hardly noticeable," I said.

"I don't know," she said.

"Pretty please, we're going to a professional shop, they're the best in the country," I said.

"Fine but if anything goes wrong, I won't say I told you so," she said.

"If everything goes right, I won't either," I said.

"Get rid of the sass please," she said, jokingly.

I hugged her tightly and kissed her before handing her the parental consent form that I hid behind my back. She signed the forms and handed them back to me.

"Love you," I said before leaving the living room.

Tyler was waiting outside and I waved the forms in front of him. We both jumped into his car and he drove to the tattoo parlour. The one we were going to was a professional and expensive one because Tyler insisted so that nothing would go wrong. I just felt bad that Tyler was paying for it all.

"I can't believe we're getting matching tattoos," I squealed.

I was getting T.H imprinted on the side of my ring finger and Tyler was getting A.M on his. We were also getting 'King' written on his and 'Queen' on mine. Then there'd be a crown on top of the writing. Tyler chose the second one which I wasn't keen on at first. If I am honest, I had to say that I was feeling extremely nervous.

Tyler parked up and we entered the shop. We had booked it beforehand so we just gave our names to the receptionist who then took us through a room which was completely white. It was like a hospital room - sterile and clean. The person in the room was a guy in his 20's and he gave us a smile. He was wearing a blue shirt with black jeans.

"This is nothing like a typical tattoo parlour," Tyler commented.

"Well, people do pay more for a better service which is what we deliver," the guy replied.

Tyler and I sat down on the seat on the side.

"I'm Lewis," the guy said.

Tyler shook his hand. Lewis ran through the procedure before we described to him the designs we wanted. Lewis drew them and altered them when needed until we felt like it was perfect.

"Brilliant, who's going first," he said.

"Alexa? Shall I go or do you want to?" Tyler asked.

"You go, I'm still a bit nervous," I said.

Tyler sat in the seat that was in the centre of the room and I sat next to him and held his hand. Lewis began to start on the tattoo on Tyler's wrist. I suddenly felt squeamish and averted my eyes to the floor instead.

Before I knew it, Tyler was done and had a bandage wrapped around his wrist and his ring finger. We swapped seat and I was feeling extremely anxious. Tyler squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah," I said.

I have to say this was probably the most painful thing I've been through and I'm proud that I sat through it all. After it was done, he wrapped it up both of the tattoos in bandage. Tyler paid Lewis after he ran through how we should look after the tattoos in the first 24 hours and he gave us each a tattoo care pack.

Tyler drove us home and we both watched movies, excited to take the bandage off in the evening.  The time finally came.

"Are you ready?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah, you?" I asked.

He nodded and we took off the bandage with care.

"It's beautiful," I said admiring the cursive initials on my finger. I looked at Tyler's and we put our wrists together to capture the image.  I actually really liked the one Tyler chose for our wrists. Mum entered the room and she looked at both of our tattoos.

"They're actually so beautiful," Mum gasped.

Ryan came in and his mouth dropped open.

"But..but.. you said I couldn't get a tattoo, that's so unfair," Ryan moaned.

"That's because you'd get some massive design painted over your body, I'm not letting you ruin your body, I mean they got something small," Mum said.

Ryan rolled his eyes.

"I love you," Tyler said.

"Love you too," I replied before kissing him.

Things were going well. We were slowly doing the easy and simple things that were on my bucket list. But then it happened. Something that was unexpected and broke my heart into million of pieces.

___________________________________

Sorry this is so late.
Happy Halloween.

The teacher at school wants me to see a doctor so I can get pills for my depression. My appointment is in two weeks  

Can someone, who already takes them, tell me do they work? And what are the side effects?