Chapter 54

"You can open you eyes," Tyler whispered into my ears.

Landon and Tyler had taken me out to god knows where. Tyler said it was a surprise so he covered my eyes with his hands. Tyler carried me some of the way and I could tell we were going uphill.

I opened my eyes and I was in a small wooden room with a petite sofa. I headed to the window and saw that we were high up. We were in a treehouse. That's why Tyler must've carried me. The view from the window was beautiful. You could see a river sparkling under the sun and many trees that stood high surrounding the area.

"It's beautiful," I said.

"Tyler's dad built it for him before he passed away," Landon said.

"I showed this place to Landon as soon as my Dad showed it me because he was my best mate, he still is," Tyler said.

Landon put one arm around Tyler and the other around me.

"Maybe this can be your escape as well," Tyler said.

I was so busy thinking about my problems, I forgot that Tyler had a shitty life too. His stepdad hated him and Ariana. He had to take the role of taking care for Ariana. His mum did not even care about him. He needed an escape more than I did and this was it.

"I need to head back," Landon said before I could stop him.

Landon went leaving Tyler with me. I leant on Tyler's shoulder suddenly feeling a sense of coldness.

"We should make a bucket list," Tyler said.

"A what?" I asked.

"You've never heard of a bucket list?" Tyler asked.

"Nope, can't say I did," I replied.

"Right, so people write down all the things they always wanted to do and then they do it," Tyler said.

"Oh okay," I said.

"Alexa, it kills me to say that you're going to die but we've got a couple of weeks, I want to give you everything that makes you happy to you in those couple of weeks," he said.

"And I want to spend the rest of them with you," I said.

"What are we waiting for?" He asked before he kissed me.

"Let's go write that list," I said.

Tyler helped me out of the tree and down the ladders before we walked to his new car and drove to his house.

"Don't you need to pick up Ariana up soon?" I asked.

"She's staying at my Aunt's house for a couple of weeks," he said.

"How come?" I asked.

"Mum's baby is due in a couple of days and David didn't want us to be around when she comes so I'll have to leave soon," he said.

"I'm really sorry to hear that and you know you both could stay at mine," I said.

"Thanks but I'll be fine," he said.

We headed inside his house. He told us it would be okay because David wouldn't be back tonight till late and his Mum was probably sleeping. Tyler headed upstairs and I followed him. He got out an old notebook that had Iron Man printed on the corner of each page.

Tyler ripped out a page and handed it to me.

"Didn't know you were a fan of Iron Man?" I asked.

"You kidding? Tony Stark is pretty cool, I'd love to be him," Tyler said.

"He reminds me of you actually," I said.

"Yeah? How?" He asked.

"You both have massive egos," I said, smirking.

He glared at me before rolling his eyes.

He handed me a pen and I leant on his desk, trying to think of all the things I wanted to do.

"I want to go skydiving," I said.

Tyler pointed at the paper and I wrote it down. I continued writing other things down that came into my mind.

— sleep under the stars
— ride in a helicopter
— kiss at the top of a Ferris wheel
— watch the sun set on a beach
— leave my mark on the world
— go zip lining
— travel first class
— go to the top of the Eiffel Tower
— dance in the rain
— go to a carnival
— get a nose ring
— go to Disney land Paris
— make dinner for the family
— spend a day watching movies
— get a tattoo
— go on a cruise trip
— plant a flower
— have children

I saw Tyler looking at me and I crossed the last one out.

"It's an impossibility," I said.

"I know, I'm really sorry," he said.

We looked at the rest of the list.

"Mhmm that's a lot," Tyler said.

"I'll add more to it later, but these are the things I really want to do," I said.

"I think we could do the flower one now," he said.

"Really?" I asked.

He nodded. We left the room and he went outside. He plucked a rose from his next-door neighbours rose bush. We both sat in his car and he took me back home. When we arrived home, Tyler and I headed inside and we went to my room.

"Get a vase for the flower," he said.

There was one in the hallway with no flowers in it so I got that one. It was a see through vase and Mum was supposed to replace the flowers that had died but she never got to it. I returned to my room and I saw Tyler pinning up my Bucket List onto my wall.

"I'll fill it with water," I said.

After I filled up the vase halfway, Tyler put in the rose and we left it on the windowsill. I let out a breath and felt more relieved than I did in the morning.

"Thank you for today, I feel better," I said.

"It's not over yet, come on," he said.

He held out his hand and I took it. We sneaked out the house because Mum would not be keen on me going out again. Tyler and I sat in his car. I was still apprehensive when I'd sit in his new car knowing what I did to his old.

I didn't know where we going but I didn't care. I felt safe with Tyler. Wherever we were going, I know he was trying to make me happy. He was trying to help me enjoy the little bit of my life that I had left.

"We're here," Tyler said.

I moved my head that was buried into my hands and looked around to see we were at a massive Ferris Wheel. What happened next was magical. We sat in the Ferris wheel and when we got to the top, we admired the beautiful stars that shine brightly against the dark sky. Tyler leaned it and kissed me.

"That's another one ticked off the list," he said.

__________________________________

I used to ring my boyfriend in my free period. Can one of you amazing people add me on Snapchat so we can ring when I'm free so I don't feel as lonely. You see I don't have much friends.

I see you guys as my friends. Btw if anyone can call me in the next three hours that'd be cool.