Chapter Fifty Eight: Girls Day Out

I sit back in my seat and hum in enjoyment as my feet get a pedicure. I haven't had a pedicure in years and I forgot how great it feels. It especially feels like heaven now since I'm pregnant.   

"Enjoying yourself there Ariana?" Scarlett asks, smiling at me as she sits next to me and gets a pedicure as well.

"Very" I say nodding my head with a huge smile, causing both Scarlett and Cobie to laugh before they go back to enjoying their pedicures.

It's our girls day out today for the three of us and so far it's been a pretty great day. We went to lunch at the beginning of our day, then went shopping for like an hour before coming here to the nail salon to have a small spa day as well. Then after the three of us are done here, we're heading over to mall to shop some more because why not.

I'm really glad I was able to do this today because it's nice to take a day off from Mommy duties. Don't get me wrong, I love being a Mom. Wouldn't change it for a thing. But every once in a while, it is nice to step away from the responsibilities and just do things you use to do before you were a Mom.

But I'm not lying when I saw I don't miss Riley and Chris like crazy right now and it's only been like two hours since I last saw them.

"How's the baby doing Ariana?" Cobie asks with a smile as she leans over and looks at my stomach.

"She is doing just fine. Nice and healthy and getting a little bigger each day that passes" I say as I rub my hands in circles on my stomach.

I just had a Doctors appointment the other day and Chris and I found out the baby could come any day in the late of August or early September and I can't wait because the sooner I know it, she'll be here.

"That's good. I can't wait to see just how cute the little cutie is going to be once she comes" Cobie says with a kind smile.

"I bet Chris is becoming more and more ecstatic everyday now" Scarlett says with smirk because she knows how Chris can be when exciting stuff is happening to him.

"He is. He keeps on talking to her more and more. Even when he thinks I'm asleep but I'm really. I just fake it so I can hear the sweet things he says to her" I say, thinking back to the times I caught him doing that.

"Awwww!" Scarlett and Cobie squeal in unison as they rest their hands against their hearts. I can't help but laugh and smile at the both of them.

"Did you guys pick a name out for her yet?" Scarlett asks as she reaches over and rest her hand against my stomach.

"We did...we're naming her Willow Michael Evans" I say.

Yep her middle name is going to be my Dad's. Chris actually brought up the idea of that being her middle to honor my dad just in case he unfortunately loses his battle with cancer. He didn't just do that for me though. He did it because he has always looked up to my Dad ever since he first met him and considers him like a second father. I of course quickly agreed to the idea and fell more in love with him for it.

"Aw, her middle name is going to your Dad's" Cobie says.

"Yep" I say nodding my head.

"I bet your Dad loves the idea" Scarlett says, smiling.

"He does" I say, thinking back to when I called my Dad and told him the name decision. He was ecstatic when I told him the news and got a little bit more excited to meet his new granddaughter.

Scarlett and Cobie smile at me before all three of us go back to enjoying our foot massages and pedicures.

///////////////////////////

"So where do you guys want to go first?" Scarlett asks as her, Cobie and I all walk into the mall.

"I need a new dress for Chris' movie premiere. Do you think there's any maternity shops in here that sells dresses for something like that?" I ask.

The premiere for Captain America The First Avenger is in about three weeks and I don't have a nice formal dress for it. Well I have nice dresses, just none that fit me at the moment.

"There actually is. I shopped there for a premiere when I was pregnant with my daughter. Follow me" Cobie says with a smile as she gestures for me and Scarlett to follow.

We follow her and she leads us to a really nice maternity store and I immediately see gorgeous formal dresses. All three of us walk over to the dresses and begin looking.

"Do you want a specific color?" Cobie asks as she scans over some dresses.

"Not really, just a color that goes well with my complection and that looks good" I say as I look at some dresses and feel the fabric of them.

"Gotcha" Cobie says as all three of us begin our search for a dress for me.

We spend about a good fifthteen minutes looking through the racks before I come across a really beautiful maroon dress. It's long and sleeveless and the chest does a sort of criss cross pattern.

"What about this one?" I ask as I take the dress off the rack and show it to Scarlett and Cobie.

"Oh that's really pretty" Scarlett says as she looks at the dress and touches it to test the material. "And it's a really good quality material. Nice and stretchy. It'll probably fit you perfectly."

"Go try it on and see" Cobie suggest with a smile.

I nod as I drape the dress over my arm and walk over to the dressing rooms.

It's takes me a few minutes to get the dress on, but once I get it on I look at myself in the mirror and smile as I see how perfect it fits me. The top of the dress hugs my chest well and the skirt of it is very loose and flowy, which is excellent because I know I'll be comfortable while wearing it to the premiere if I chose this one. And I just might because I really like it.

"How's it look?" I ask as I pull back the curtain and walk out of the dressing room to show the dress to Scarlett and Cobie

Their eyes light up and they gasp in awe as they look at me in the dress.

"You look stunning Ariana!" Scarlett says with a big smile as she looks me up and down in the dress.

"Yeah, you look like one hot Mama in that dress" Cobie says, making me laugh and do a little oh shut up gesture. "I don't think I ever looked that good in a dress while I was pregnant."

"Oh please I'm sure you did" I say, giving Cobie a genuine smile.

"So is this the one you're getting?" Scarlett asks.

"I believe so. I really like it" I say as I turn and look back in the mirror of my dressing room and do a little twirl. Which only causes me to fall more in love with the dress. So yeah I'm definitely get this one.

"Dress shopping a success?" Cobie asks as she holds up both her hands for a high five, even though she knows the answer.

"Hell yeah" I say, giving her a hard high five.

Scarlett, Cobie and I all laugh at that before I go back into my dressing room and take off the dress.

Once I paid for the dress, we walked out of the store to head over to another.

The rest of the day was pretty much full of that. Just walking around and shopping. All while having fun and a good time with each other, that we're definitely doing again.