Chapter Twenty Eight: First Date Part Two

When Chris and I got done eating we cleaned up and put the dishes into the picnic basket before relaxing back onto the blanket and continuing to talk again as Chris took hold of my hand again. And, again, I don't mind at all.

    "So I heard that you're playing a new superhero that goes by the name of Captain America" I said with a little smirk, making Chris laugh and blush a little. "Is it true."

    Chris looked up and smiled at me. "It is very true....you are looking at the newest superhero to be introduced into the Marvel cinematic universe."

    "That's awesome" I said as I smiled back at him. "I'm very proud of you for that and all the work you've done in the movies you've made so far."

    I saw some more blush creep up on Chris' cheeks as he continued to smile at me. "Thank you Ariana....I'm glad you've seen and liked the movies I've made so far and I hope you like the other movies I will make later on."

    "I'm sure I will because you're a really good actor" I said as I gave Chris' hand a little squeeze this time.

    Chris smiled at me for that before we both started to hear 'Flightless bird' by American Moth start to play. I frowned an eyebrow at that in confusion as I looked around to see where it was coming from before I stopped when I heard it was coming from the the picnic basket and saw small portable speakers in it.

    Chris, you sneaky son of a gun

I couldn't help but smile at that as I looked up to look at Chris. But as soon as I did I was taken back in a good shock when I saw Chris was standing up with a smile on his face as he extended his hand out towards me.

"Care to dance with me?" Chris asked.

"I would love too" I said as I reached up and took hold of Chris' hand. Chris smiled at me for that before he quickly pulled me up towards me. I stumbled a little when he did that making us both laugh a little. Thankfully though I managed to straighten myself out, and once I did I looked up and smiled back at Chris and started to dance with him after he pulled me closer to him and placed his other hand on my hip.

"I was a quick we boy,"

"Driving too deep for"

"Coins"

"All you your street light"

"Eyes wide on my plastic"

"Toys" Chris sang as he smiled at me and danced with me.

I smiled back at him as I leaned up and pecked his cheek before going flat on my feet again and resting my head on his chest as he pulled me closer to him. As we danced I listened to Chris's heart beat and his voice too as he continued to sing and found it very soothing/calming.

"Ariana, can I tell you something?" Chris asked as he tightened his grip on my hand a bit. But it was a soft grip so it didn't hurt.

"Sure....what is it?" I asked as I looked up and faintly smiled at Chris.

    Chris let out a nervous breath before looking up and faintly but nervously smiling at me as he placed one of his hands on my cheek and brushed back some of my hair.

"This is something that I've been wanting to tell you for a while.... and I was going to tell you it on the day you moved away but it wasn't the best timing and I was also just so scared to do so" Chris said as I started to feel his hand on my face shake with a ton of nerves. I quickly took hold of his hand and kissed it before looking back up at Chris and smiling at him.

Chris smiled back at me as he suck in a deep breath and let it out as he took hold of my other hand.

"I need to tell you....that....I love you and that I have been in love you ever since the first day I ever meet you" Chris said my heart rate begin to fasten in a good way. "And I love you because you're just so funny, kind, smart, loving, and an amazing mother to your daughter. Who is the cutest little girl I've ever seen. And you're not like any other girl I've been with. You're special Ariana, and so special to me and I love you so much because of that."

I smiled at Chris as I felt happy tears starting to well up in my eyes and some beginning to trail down my face.

"I love you too Chris....I've loved you ever since I first laid eyes on you and I know that was back in kindergarden" I stated making both me and Chris laugh as he cupped my face in his hands. "But's it's true, I've loved you for so long but I was scared to tell too because I didn't want to be rejected by my best friend and go through a painful heart break. And I never stopped being in love with you after I moved away because I thought about you all the time and what it would have been like if I didn't move away and if I finally got the guts to tell you my feelings. And I'm happy that I'm getting the chance to finally tell you my feelings now."

"I am too" Chris said with a smile as he rubbed his thumbs across my cheeks to wipe away some of my tears. I smiled at Chris as I wrapped my arms around his neck before pulling him down and planting a big soft kiss on his lips.

I felt Chris smile against my lips at that as he brought both of his hands to my hips and kissed me back before he wrapped his arms around my lower back and picked me up and spun me around a bit as we continued to kiss. I laughed a bit against Chris' lips at that as we kept on kissing each other before I broke the kiss, smiled at Chris and leaned my forehead against his.

"I love you, Ariana" Chris said as he smiled at me before kissing the top of my nose, making me smile.

"I love you too, Chris" I said as I pecked his lips nice and quick.