Chapter Forty Two: Christmas

"Mommy!...Chris! Wake up!!" I hear Riley shout in excitement, causing me to wake up from my comfy sleep.

Even though I'm a little annoyed at being woken up, I couldn't help but smile a little after I realize that today is Christmas and Riley has all the right reasons to yell today.

"Someone's excited" Chris says with a sleepy raspy voice, that sounds really hot right now, as he scoots over to me before he rest his head on my chest and wraps an arm around my waist.

"Well it's Christmas, so what do you except" I say with a little smile as I keep my eyes closed and run my fingers through Chris' hair.

Chris smiles against my chest as he tightens his arm around my waist before the both of us groan after Riley, along with East, jump ontop of us.

"Mommy! Chris! Wake up! Wake up! It's Christmas!!" Riley shouts as she shakes both Chris and I's shoulders, while East licks the both us.

Chris and I laugh at that as Chris gently pushes East off us before we sit up and I smile at Riley.

"I think that's the best wake up call you've had yet missy" Chris says as he smiles at Riley while he pets East and makes him sit on his lap, and I think East is enjoying it thanks to his tail wagging at a very fast pace.

Riley smiles at me and Chris before she tackles us down with a hug.

"Merry Christmas Mommy and Chris" Riley says as she looks up and smiles at me and Chris.

"Merry Christmas sweetheart" Chris and I say, but not at the same time, as we both kiss Riley on her cheeks.

"Can we go downstairs and open presents now!?" Riley asks in excitement.

"Sure just go and make sure grandpa's awake before we do" I say with a smile as I sit up.

"Okay" Riley says with a big smile before she hops off my bed and takes off running towards my Dad's room with East following her.

I smile at that before giggle a little after Chris quickly wrapped his arms around me and started to give my neck quick nice pecks.

"Merry Christmas" Chris says in a sort of whisper as he buries his nose into the back of my shoulder.

I smile at that as I look up and smile at Chris before kissing his cheek. "Merry Christmas."

Chris smiles back at me and kisses my lips nice and quick before we get out of my bed and head downstairs.

Once we get downstairs I smile when I see my Dad sitting down on the couch with a cup of coffee in his hands, while Riley and East sit down in front of the tree, patiently waiting as Riley pets East.

"Merry Christmas you two" Dad says as he smiles at me and Chris.

"Merry Christmas Dad-Michael" The both of us say as we sit down on the couch and I give my Dad a little kiss on the cheek.

"Can I give Chris, Grandpa, East and you your Christmas presents first, Mommy?" Riley asks.

"Sure" I say as I smile at Riley and nod my head.

This Christmas Riley decided to get everyone in our family, even Chris and his family Christmas presents that she picked out for them all by herself. I'm proud of her for that because all of the presents she got for everyone are really nice.

I don't know what my present is though, thanks to Riley having her grandpa and Lisa take her out to go and get it just so I wouldn't try and see what it is.

But no matter what it is, I'm going to love it.

Riley smiles at me as she quickly crawls over to the presents and grabs the ones for me, Chris, Dad and East, before walking back over to us and giving them to us.