Chapter Thirty Six: Better?

*The Next Day*

She got worse. Way worse. 

Riley woke up four more times to throw up during the rest of the night. Thankfully they were about about two hours in between each other. But after the second time she got up, I decided to just stay up so I could be ready to help her the other two she had to get up and use it. And that was around 7:30, so I didn't really care about losing sleep. I just cared about helping my little girl. 

But even after Riley got done throwing up, she got a little worse. She started running a high temperature of 104, coughing uncontrollably with a scratchy throat and got really congested as one of her eyes turned red. 

That really scared me though when I saw it. So I quickly got ready and took Riley to her Doctor to see what she could for it. 

Thankfully her Doctor told me that she was just coming down with a really bad cold and that she has pink eye and that Riley will be better in about a week. But she also gave me some medicine to give to Riley to take to help her get better and said to call her if anything else bad happens or worsens before she gave us the green light to head back home. 

So now Riley is lying down on the pull out bed downstairs in the living watching 'The Little Mermaid,' as she's wrapped up in a bunch of blankets and has a bucket next to her. Just in case she may need it again. While Dad and I watch her from the kitchen as we make her some homemade chicken noodle soup to help her upset stomach calm down a little. 

*Knock! Knock!*

I frown in a bit of confusion at that because I'm not expecting anyone to come by today before I walk over to the front door to see who it is. 

A smile comes across my lips though after I see that it's Chris and East. 

"Hey" I say as I let Chris and East inside and give East a little pet on his head making his tail wag a little faster. 

"Hi" Chris says with a smile before he gives me a quick kiss on my lips. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask with a smile. 

"You're Dad told me Riley is sick, so I thought East and I could come by and cheer her up" Chris says as he smiles at me and gives East a little pet. 

I look over at Dad and smile at him as he stands in the doorway of the kitchen smiling at me before he walks back into the kitchen. 

I look back at Chris and smile at him before wrapping his arms around his neck and pulling him into a very passionate kiss thanks to him coming here just to see Riley and cheek up on her. And I don't think I've ever been so thankful to have someone in my life than I am to have Chris. 

He is seriously the greatest person I could ever to be with. I know I say that a lot. But I mean it. He makes me feel happy and loved whenever I'm with him and he cares so much for Riley and is always making her smile whether she's happy or not. And I can never thank him enough for that. 

Our lips move in sync with each other as Chris wraps his arms around my lower back and pulls me closer to me and deepens the kiss a little. I smile against Chris' lips as I bring my hand to the back of his neck and softly rub my hand up and down it. 

I feel Chris smile against my lips at that before he breaks our kiss and looks down and smiles at me. 

"What was that for?" Chris asks sounding a bit breathless as he continues to smile at me. 

"For being the kind hearted man you are" I say as I smile back at Chris and tug on the back of his hair a little. 

Chris smiles at me again before attaching his lips to mine again. I smile against his lips as I kiss him back before smiling at him after we stopped kissing and he pulled away from me a bit and smiled back at me. 

"I love you Ariana" Chris says as he rubs his thumb up and down my back. 

"I love you too" I say before wrapping my arms around his upper body and burying my face into his chest. 

I feel Chris smile at me as he kisses the top of my head and pulls me closer to him. We stay like that for a little before I frown a bit and pull away from Chris after I felt something squeeze between us. 

I smile though, after I see that it was Riley. Who is now holding onto Chris' leg as she has a blanket wrapped around her. 

"Hi Chris" Riley mumbles into Chris' leg as she continues to hold onto it. 

Chris and I both smile at that. 

"Hi munchkin" Chris says with a smile as he picks Riley up and balances her on his hip and lets her bury her head into his neck. "I heard you aren't feeling to good today. Is that true?" 

Riley shakes her head into Chris' neck before looking up at him.

"I have a really bad cold and pink eye" Riley whines a little making both me and Chris frown a little as I walk over to her and rub my hand up and down her back.

"Well don't worry. East and I are here to cheer you up" Chris says making Riley smile at him as she buries her face back into his neck. 

I smile at that before let out a little laugh after East jumped onto me and started to lick my hands and shirt since he probably can't reach my face. 

"What? What is it buddy? Are you not getting enough loving or attention right now? Uh?" I ask in a funny voice as I cup East face in my hands and start to scratch him behind his ear. 

East happily painted at that as his tail goes faster.  

I smile at that as I continue to pet him before I gently pushed him off and followed Chris into the living room as he carried Riley into there. 

"Just in time. Riley's soup is ready" Dad says as he walks into the living room carrying a bowl of  hot but good looking Chicken noodle soup, while Chris laid down on the pull out bed with Riley snuggled into his chest.

I took the soup from Dad and thanked him for it before sitting down on the pull out bed next to Chris and Riley. 

"How's about you eat something baby girl and then you can lie back down on Chris' chest. Okay?" I say as I scoot closer to her and rub my hand on her back. 

Riley looks over at me with her head still on Chris' chest before nodding her head and sliding off of Chris and sitting/snuggling into me. 

Chris and I both smile at that as I brush some of her messy hair back and kiss the top of her head before I begin to help her eat her soup.