Chapter Thirty Seven: Are you sure?

After Riley finished her soup and I put the bowl to the side, she decided to crawl onto my lap and cuddle with me for a little instead of Chris. But he didn't really mind, he always likes to watch me and Riley cuddle whenever he comes over to our house to spend time with us, he thinks it cute. And I have to agree with him.

Shortly after Riley cuddled up with me though, she quickly feel asleep on. I didn't really mind, she's sick so she deserves to cuddle with me as she sleeps. But while she's sleeping, I moved closer to Chris and snuggled into his side a little. Causing him to smile at me and kiss the top of my head as he brought an arm around my back and pulled me closer to him. And we stayed that way for a while just enjoying the silence and comfort of each other, something I enjoy doing a lot, before it was kind of interrupted by my dad walking down the stairs as he puts his coat, gloves, hat and scarf on.

"Where are you going, Dad?" I ask as I raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"I just got a call from Andrew asking if I check on my other grandchildren because they happen to be just as sick as Riley is right now" Dad says as he fixes his coat and gloves a little.

"Really?" I ask in shock but worry because those two haven't been sick for a while.

"Yeah, Andrew said they were fine this morning but now they're both throwing up and coughing up storms" Dad says as I see worry come over his face. And I don't blame him because now he has three grandchildren to worry about being sick.

"That sucks" Chris says as he sits up a bit with a bit of shock written in his eyes.

"Yeah, but they should be fine after a little check up from Doctor Grandpa" Dad says, making both Chris and I laugh a little.

"Well tell my Max and Ava that I hope they feel better soon" I say.

"I will. But after I'm done checking up on them, I'm going to go over to Shawn's new house to help him out with some renovations over there and will probably end up staying the night" Dad says with a small smile.

Last week, Shawn and Grace bought and quickly moved into a new house that's about 30 minutes away from mine to start their new life and family in with Brooklyn. It's a really nice house, but it needs some work done to both the exterior and interior of it. But I'm just really happy that my brother is finally getting the happiness and family he deserves. Even though I'm going to miss seeing Shawn every morning thanks to him living with me ever since Riley was born.

"Do you guys need any help? I'll be more then happy to lend a hand" Chris says.

"No we're good, it's not that much work. But thanks for the offer, son" Dad says as he smiles at Chris.

"No problem" Chris says as he smiles back at my Dad.

"And besides I need you here to look after my daughter and granddaughter because you know how bad they can be sometimes" Dad says with a playful smirk, making Chris let out a big laugh while a roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at my father. But in a playful way.

Dad playfully sticks his tongue back out at me but smiles at me. "I'm just playing around my sweet daughter."

"I know" I say as I smile at my Dad with a big smile, making him smile back at me.

"Give Riley a kiss for me whenever she wakes and I'll see you guys sometime tomorrow. Okay?" Dad says as he starts to walks toward the front door.

"See ya and I will" I say making Dad smile at me before he leaves to go too Andrew's.

Right after Dad left though, Chris and I both laughed a little when our stomachs suddenly growled out of nowhere.

"You hungry?" I ask with a little chuckle as I look over at Chris.