Chapter Forty Eight: Feel Good Cuddles

After Riley and I finished lunch, we spent a good three or four hours out and about, shopping and having a lot of fun with just each. Needless to say it was a good day and I loved spending it with my little girl.

We headed home though after Riley started to get tired and she fell asleep on the car ride home.

Once I got home and parked the car, I got out and went over to Riley's side of the car to get her out. I undid her seat belt and took her out of the car seat as gently as I could. She stirred a little and whined, but I held her close to me as I rub her back and give the side of her head a small kiss.

She hummed in a bit of content as she rested deeper into me. I smile at that and give her another kiss. I grab everything we got today out of the car, because it's not a lot for me to carry as I'm holding Riley. But once I got everything out, I walked up and into the house.

I'm immediately greeted by East once I get in.

"Hi buddy" I say, quietly so I don't wake up Riley but as I reach my hand out for East.

East sniffs my hand and gives it a few licks before rubbing his head against it. I smile at that as I pet him and give him a good scratch behind the ear before I head upstairs to put Riley in bed, and of course East followed me.

I pulled back the blanket on Riley's bed and laid her down on it. I took off her jacket and shoes before covering her with the blanket and giving her a kiss on her forehead. A smile forms on Riley's lips as she snuggles into her bed. I smile at her as I comb some of her hair back a little before I leave to let her sleep for a bit longer.

I walk to my room to put all the stuff in there. But as soon as I walk in a frown comes across after I see Chris in bed, dead asleep as he has all the blankets wrapped around him and his face is buried into his pillow.

How long has he been asleep for?

I put the stuff down and walk over to Chris to see what's going on.

"Chris?" I ask softly as I sit down next to him and rest my hand on the back of his neck. When I do though, I flinch a bit as he feels hotter than before and now there's sweat on the back of his neck.

He got worse, didn't he?

"Chris?" I ask again as I rest my hand on his cheek.

His eyes quickly shoot open and he looks around in a sort of daze before he looks up at me.

"Hi" Chris says as a smile forms on his lips.

"Hi" I say as I smile back at him, even though I'm a bit mad that he said he would fine but clearly he's not.

"You're mad at me, aren't you?" Chris asks as he looks at me with a sheepish look.

"A little" I say as I comb my fingers through his hair.

"I'm sorry" Chris says, scooting very close to me as he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls himself closer to me. "I just didn't want to stop you from having a nice day out with Riley."

"I know, but you could have at least called me to let me know and I could have gotten you something on the way home" I say while I run my hand up and down his back.

"I know and I'm really, really sorry about that. It won't happen again" Chris says as he rests his head on my lap.

"Let's hope there won't be a next time" I say with a small smile as I rest my hand on his cheek before I lean down and peck his forehead.

A soft smile forms on his lips with that as he tightens his arms around me a little and buries his face deeper into my lap. I smile at him and give his forehead another kiss as I continue to rub my hand across his cheeks.

"Do you want anything?" I ask, softly.

"Nothing really...I just want you to hold me for a while" Chris says, with a bit of a pout.

"Aw, does somebody need some feel better cuddles?" I ask as I hug him and rest my forehead on his head.

"Yes please" Chris says, sounding like a little kid.

I chuckle at that as I give his head a couple of kisses. "Just let me go and get changed into some comfortable clothes and then we can cuddle."

Chris whines like a little kid as I slide out of his grip. I chuckle at that and shake my head at that as I lean down and peck the side of his face.

"I'll be right back dork" I say as I trail some kisses from his face to his neck, making him smile before I get up off the bed and walk over to my closet.

I change into a pair of sweatpants and one of Chris' hoodies before walking out of my closet and back over to the bed. I sit on the bed and scoot right next to Chris as I pull the blanket over me.

Chris wraps his arms around me again and rest his head on my chest as he pulls himself closer to me. I wrap my arms around him as well and rub my hand up his neck and give his forehead a couple kisses.

Chris hums with a smile as he rubs his thumb up and down my side.

"Is this better?" I ask as I rack my hands through his hair.

"So much...I hate getting sick because I always have to deal with it by myself and it sucked" Chris says.

"Well you don't have to worry about that anymore" I say as I draw circle into his hair with my finger.

Chris looks up and smiles at me with a grateful and happy smile. I smile back at him and give his forehead a small kiss.

Chris smiles at me again before resting his head back onto my chest.

We stay like this for a good amount of time as I enjoy being able to comfort Chris before I soon find myself falling asleep.