Chapter Forty Four: Family

*Chris' P.O.V*

    I feel a big soft smile spread across my face as I look down at Riley and Ariana. The two of them are fast asleep in mine and Ariana's bed, thanks to it still being a little early into the morning, as Riley is snuggled into her mother's side with her head resting on Ariana's chest and her little arm is drapped over her stomach.

That's not what I'm smiling at that though. Even though it's an adorable scene to wake up too.

I'm smiling at the fact that these two are my own little family now and that family is going to grow in a couple of months.

My heart flips in joy at that as I can't believe I'm actually going to be a dad soon. Well I kind of am already thanks to Riley treating me like one, but still...

I smile at Ariana and Riley again as I kiss the both of them on their foreheads before I move down and give Ariana's stomach a couple kisses. Which is already starting to grow a little bump.

God I can't for he, or she to come.

It's only been about a couple of weeks since Ariana and I found out she was pregnant.

Since we found out, I've officially moved in and Ariana and I went to the doctors about two days after she took the test to confirm that she is indeed pregnant and make sure the baby is growing nice and healthy. And of course she or he is.

But thanks to Ariana still being in the early stages of pregnancy where we can't know the exact sex of the baby yet, we both agreed to wait on telling our families the big news until we know what we are having. So that way it will be an even bigger surprise for all of our families.

But no matter what the gender is, I'll be happy with it either way.

Riley lets out a small yawn, causing me to snap out of it and look down at her. I smile again as I watch her roll onto her back and do a little stretch as her eyes remain close before they open and she looks up at me.

"Morning sweetheart" I say softly as I give her a little smile.

"Morning" Riley says with a sleepy tone as she carefully crawls over to, so she doesn't wake her mother up, and sits in my lap and snuggles into my chest.

I smile at that as I pull her closer and kiss the top of her head.

"Wanna go and get some breakfast and make some for Mommy as we let her sleep for a bit longer" I ask as I rub a hand up and down her back.

"Mhm" Riley mumbles into my chest as she nods her head before she looks up at me. "Just let me do something before we got downstairs."

I nod my head as I unwrap my arms from Riley, and as soon as I do she crawls over to Ariana and gives her a soft little kiss on the cheek before kissing her stomach.

Riley has been bursting in nothing but joy ever since she found out she's finally going to be a big sister. 

I smile at that before scooping Riley up in my arms again and heading down stairs.

Once we get downstairs, are greeted by East and walk into the kitchen, I sit Riley down on the counter and feed East before I begin to gather stuff to make breakfast.

"Chris?" Riley asks as she kicks her legs back and forth in the air a little.

"Yeah?" I ask as I look over at Riley with a smile.

"Can I ask you something?" Riley asks with a sort of nervous look.

"Sure what is it?" I ask as I frown a little at that and walk over to her.

"Is it okay...if I... call you, Daddy?" Riley asks as she fiddles with her fingers in a really nervous manner.

I feel my eyes widen and heart skip a couple beats at that because I never thought she would ever ask me that. But I'm happy she did because I already consider and treat her like she's my own. 

"Of course you can call me that sweetheart" I say as I give her a reassuring smile and brush some of her hair back.

"Really?!" Riley asks as she looks at me with a big excited smile spread over her face.

"Yeah" I say as I nod my head.

Riley's smile grows even bigger before she leaps toward me and wraps her arms tightly around my neck. I laugh a little as I wrap my arms around her and hug her close to me and give the side of her head a couple of kisses.

"I'm still really happy you're dating my mommy and you two are having a baby together" Riley says as she hugs me a little tighter. 

"I'm happy about all that too sweetheart" I say as I hold this sweet little girl closer to me and give her forehead a little kiss.

"What's this about Ariana and you having a baby, Chris?" I hear Michael ask causing me to quickly look up and see him standing in the entrance to the kitchen with a shocked look, but soft smile tugging at his lips.

Oh man...Ariana's going to kill me.

/////////////////////////////////////////////

Just a cute little chapter for you guys :)

But what do you guys think the baby is going to be? A boy? Or a girl?

Let me know and some of you might be right ;)