23 Poison To The Brain

Start from the beginning

No men, allowed. No men! Okay, maybe one. I have no spine, just say it.

I feel my cheeks burn at the thought of what happened before I left. It was different, he was so sweet and caring. Not the rough Matt I'm used to. He took his time caressing and kissing my skin, making sure every inch covered itself in goosebumps of pleasure.

And when he made love to me, it was amazing. The connection I felt with him was something I never experienced before. His touch set me ablaze and his eyes never left my face, the blue in it hypnotizing me. There was only us. The world could have crumbled and we wouldn't have noticed.

                                     ***

I'm dragging my luggage behind me, searching through the welcome hall for Dallas. I spotted him leaning against a pillar with his hands in the pockets of his black ripped jeans, wearing his leather biker jacket and a matching black beanie. His rock-hard chest and abs showing against the white t-shirt that is hugging him perfectly. Damn those Navarro genes. If you don't know him, you could think he was posing for a photoshoot.

He seems far away in thought with his gaze on the ground when I sneak beside him. I pull his beanie off with a huge grin and hide it behind my back.

Yes, people, I am a big kid when I'm tired. I can't help it. Some go to bed, some read a book, but not me. No, I giggle for nothing, get on your nerves by pulling your hair or poking your side, making you wish you left me where you found me.

Poor, Dallas.

He brushes a hand through his thick dark brown unruly hair with his gaze still on the floor. Yet I can see the twinkling in his eyes and I know I'm in a lot of trouble when his lips stretch in a mischievous smile.

I slowly start to back away step by step, still holding his beanie behind me.

"Hi, Angel." he acknowledges me, still leaning against the pillar, turning his gaze unhurried towards me, and warns, "I suggest you start running."

Letting out a high shriek I turn on my heels to run giggling through the crowd. He catches me unsurprisingly fast with his long legs, tickling my sides until I cry and beg for mercy.

I can't express how much I've missed this childish goofiness between us even though he tries his best to act normal with me.

He managed to crumble the - don't you freaking dare to hug or even touch me, because I will rip your head off and feed it to an ork, wall-.

And I'm not too proud to admit that I'm beyond grateful that we have been partnered as coworkers. At first, I was afraid his presence would be a huge distraction and his ego would be out of this world, yet Dallas is the most wonderful friend you can imagine. He is like the first small sunray shining through your curtains, putting a smile on your face and warming your heart with the soothing sensation. He always makes it his priority to create a smile on my grumpy ass face.

Now it's like he thinks before he acts, afraid he will do something that will push me away. Or maybe I'm selfish and he needs to be like this around me, to not touch me and protect himself. I understand that I was foolish for thinking that his feelings already could be gone.

Another loud giggle erupts from my mouth the moment he wraps his strong arms around my waist and lifts me with ease in one of his bear hugs, flashing me a pure smile. "Hi again, Angel."

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I hug him back and place the beanie over his messy hair. He gives me a little peck on the cheek before putting me back on my feet, to fetch my luggage and lead me to our ride.

Even though they are very different, Dallas being the untamed wild child, savagely looking and dressing, giving not a shit about what people think of him. And Jaimy the serious businessman, always polite and dressed like he is meeting the president himself.