What's Wrong With Me?

"How have you and Ethan been lately?" Alice asked, as she cut up the last of the carrots.  

"We have been doing very, very well. It's still unreal sometimes; we've been married now for almost a month." I reply as I finish washing the lettuce.

  "Time has flown by way to fast! Pass the chicken please..."she pauses as I pass it to her,  

"...Thanks, I just can't believe it's been this long!" I can't help but smile; it has been the most amazing month of my life. I start to prepare the rest of the food for dinner. All the smells mixing together in the kitchen made my stomach turn, I run down the hall to the bathroom and throw myself at the toilet.    

"Are you okay, Marie?" Alice asks as she knocks at the door.

  "I'm fine." I reply after I'm finished emptying my guts into the toilet. I stand up slowly and observe myself in the mirror. I'm massively pale, I start the cold water to wash the sweat off my face.

   "I'll be in the kitchen, yell if you need me." I didn't reply, I just heard her footsteps as she skipped back to the kitchen. I stumbled around the counter until I found my toothbrush, after smearing the light blue toothpaste on it; I shoved it in my mouth. I hit my gag reflexes almost triggering me to throw up again. Deciding I was fine I threw my toothbrush down. I brought my icy, cold hands up to my face, what is wrong with me? I asked myself as I slid down the wall to sit on the floor, cupping my face with my hands a few tears escaped my eyes. As I plopped myself down onto the bar stool I placed my elbows onto the cold counter top. My forehead soon met my hands, I let out a sigh.    

"You don't look so good, hun. What did you eat?" Alice asked me as I started to rub my eyes.

  "I don't know, something that didn't agree with my stomach."

    "Okay, well you need to get yourself together, girl. You have graduation tonight, you have to be there to walk with me!" she happily skipped and jumped around the kitchen.

  "I totally forgot about that, oh gosh." I moaned as I slipped myself off the chair.  

"I'm going to go take a nice hot shower. Did you bring your dress and stuff here?" she nodded.    

"I'm just going to get ready here tonight, is that okay?" I nodded as I headed towards the bathroom; I turned the little knobs in the shower to get the perfect temperature. I slipped of my clothes, and released my long flowing hair. I slowly stepped into the shower, checking the temperature, it was perfect. After I was through with my shower I grabbed my towel and wrapped myself up.

  "Hi baby." I heard Ethan's deep voice as I walked into our conjoining bedroom.

  "Ethan, what are you doing home?" I ask.

  "Alice texted me and told me you threw up, I had to come home and make sure you're okay." He said as he came over towards me.  

 "Don't, if I'm sick I don't want you to be too." he still proceeded to come near me. He wrapped me up in a big hug and softly pressed his lips to mine.  

 "There, now we will both be sick, good job Ethan." I rolled my eyes, he pulled me back in for another hug.  

 "I need to get ready to go, were leaving in like twenty minutes!" he quickly let me go and ran to the bathroom. I heard the shower start up; I walked over to my closet to pick out my wardrobe for the evening. After much debate, changing, and pacing I finally decided on the most perfect outfit!