Small Bump

I walked through the doors entering the airport, the cold air causing goose bumps to surface my skin. I pulled my sleeves down past my clammy hands trying to keep in the glorious heat. I longingly looked around to see military men dressed in their uniforms; hugging wives, kissing children, shaking hands of their fathers, but I didn't see my man anywhere. I quickly looked over to Alice who was franticly looking for Ethan while keeping a tight grip on my shaking wrist.

Finally after searching for a long five minutes I found him, looking through the sea of people. Our gazes locked and it felt like the first time we met, that instant spark we had felt so many years ago was still very alive. He ran over to me and threw his arms around my waist, mine around his neck. I cried softly into his military uniform.

"I love you, I love you so much." He was shushing me, but he quickly pulled me away and wiped the tears away before they could reach my nose. He kissed me, softly; I kissed him back, over and over again. His hands moved down to my hips, his thumbs close to my stomach. His kiss started getting slow, his thumbs moved in circular motions on my belly. Pulling away, he gazed into my eyes, looked down at my tummy and raised up my hoodie. His eyes grew wider than I've ever seen them as he realized what he was looking at. As my frame is naturally small my bump was not quite big yet. My pale, extended belly right in front of him, I was totally venerable and exposed. Jaw dropped, he brought his hand to his mouth. His face went from shock, to confusion, so excitement. He slowly wrapped his hands around my little bump. A single tear escaped as he widely smiled down at our unborn child, he pulled me in and kissed me once again, then wrapped me up in a tight hug. My belly pressing firmly against his abs, we were so close.

 "I love you so much, Marie." He whispered in my ear and kissed my neck, 

"I love you too, Ethan. You're going to be a great father." 

"How? When?" he excitedly exclaimed.

"Well I think you know how." I winked, "But when, was before you left for bootcamp. I couldn't stand keeping the news." I finished as heard someone clear their throat, we looked over to see Alice standing there tapping her foot,

"Hi Alice, it's nice to see you." Ethan slid his hand from my waist down to my hand and went over to give Alice a side hug,

 "Good to see you too, Ethan." She giggled as she jingled the keys around.

 "Are we ready to head home? I'd like to spend some time with my wife and baby." He said as he shot me a wink, I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks causing me to blush.  I chewed my lip as I stared up at the man I love, he hasn't changed at all. He met my longing gaze and smiled, leaned down to kiss me, and then we walked out to the car.