Chapter Forty-Five: Oh, The Trust!

A/N: Almost all my chapter got 1k views, thank you all so much for supporting me! ♡

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE | OH, THE TRUST!

"Happy birthday!" I exclaim, entering Emmet and Elijah's room. They both groan and start shifting in their beds, before Elijah sits up, rubbing his eyes. He glared at me, ruffling his hair.

"It's tomorrow dumbass," he said. My smile instantly fades into a frown. I swear it was supposed to be today! I even marked it on my phone and calendar! Well, I guess I have to take down all the balloons and banner. 

"S-sorry," I said nervously, racing out their room and downstairs. I quickly ripped the banner - which was hung between both the kitchen walls - and popped all the balloons. I even made birthday pancakes for them, served how they like it.

I may have woken everyone up, because as I turned, Avery was standing there and glaring. 

It was six in the morning, so, I guess he does have the right to be angry. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

I thought about it, "I live here."

He stayed quiet before rolling his eyes, "I meant, what are doing at six in the morning, popping balloons?"

"You could have just said that," I muttered, "I thought it was the twins birthday today, so, I thought it'd be nice to decorate a little. But, I guess it wasn't, so I had to take everything down."

He snorted, going upstairs, "Dumbass."

Sighing, I flop down on the couch, waiting for everyone to wake up. Since I already woke up, I can't go back to sleep.

▪| AT SCHOOL|▪

"Hey, Norah!" Someone exclaims my name. I look back, tensing. I pull my hood up, running into the crowd and away from Jaxon. 

"Norah!" Somebody shouts. I turn around, dropping my tray, I hit the floor and run for my life. I leave the cafe and ignore the confusing looks from Carter and the rest of the people. 

"Norah--," I didn't even let him finish. I sigh, turn around, jump at how close Ethan was standing. "Don't even escape."

I can't look at him. I can't look at any of them.

I shove him back, running away.

Who says I can't do this forever?

Well, I've been doing that ever since I got that dream. Which was about two weeks, and I've been nervous those fourteen days. I didn't know what to do, I can't talk to them, I'm going to act weird and they're going to catch on.

▪▪▪

It was the end of the day, the school was uninteresting as every other school day. As I was putting my books away, someone tapped my shoulder. I flinched, hard. Turning around slowly, Adam was giving me a concerned look.

"Are you okay?" He asked, worriedly. I sigh of relief, giving him a nod and a grateful smile. 

"I'm good, what's up?" 

"Oh, I was just wondering-," he took a step back, coughing. His cheeks started getting red, making furrow my eyebrows. He took a deep breath before continuing, "I was wondering if you're free on Sunday."

I gulped, letting what he said sink in. Did Adam just ask me out on a date--?

"It's not a date by the way," he said as if I said that out loud. I try not to show my disappointment and smile.