Chapter Thirty-Nine: Keep It Kid Friendly

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE | KEEP IT KID FRIENDLY

"Coach will hunt you down."

I sighed and looked over at Jaxon. He just shrugged, leaving to go change. My eyes glanced over at Coach Travis before I took in a deep breath through my nose and walked over there.

It's the next day. My first day to start working. School just ended, and I quickly ran out of the building and to the field. It's currently 3:30, and my shift starts at 4:00. I told my brothers to wait for me at the front of the school so they can quickly give me a ride to Daily Grind. I'm still avoiding mom, Landon is probably still icing his crotch. You know, the good stuff.

I slowly approached Coach, "Coach Travis?"

He spun around, with wide eyes. His eyes were bloodshot, he had bags under them. I don't want to be rude, but he looked awful!

"Norah!" He exclaimed, "Where have you been? Why did you ditch football practice? You're lucky that I'm nice enough to not kick you off the team right now--,"

"Wait!" I said, making him stop talking. I sighed, "Look, Coach, I know you're mad. But--," I looked around the field to make sure no one was looking, "but I got a job. When you saw me run, I only ditched football because I needed to get interviewed. It's my first day, I need to work this whole week, probably even next week too."

Coach looked like he relaxed. He sighed, running his hand through his hair and sitting down on the bench. "Thank god. I thought you were going to quit."

"Quit? Why would I quit?" I ask with disbelief.

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that you're one of the best football players on this team- aw who am I kidding? I love having you on the team! You're the only one who makes me sane," he says, chuckling at the end. I laugh too.

"Fine, you may go to your job. But, may I ask, why do you need the money? You're not like--," he leaned in and his voice changed into a stage-whisper-- "you're not buying drugs with the money, are you?"

"Coach!" I exclaim. He laughs, "Can I tell you later? My shift starts at 4:00 and I don't want to be late on my first day."

He nods, "See you later Norah."

I turn around and see all the guys smirking at me. I just smirk back, "He's cool with it! You all have to pay me $10 tomorrow! Don't forget!"

Long story short, the team and I had a bet.

All of them groan as I shrug at Coach. I run out of the field and into the parking lot where my brothers are. They start the car and groan, while I get in it.

"Let's go!" I say excitedly.

They roll their eyes as Emmet started the car, he drove us there in a flash. I got out the car, before smiling and waving.

"I'll be home at 9:00!" I say, but, as I was about to walk away, Emmet called out to me.

"What?" I whined, throwing my arms in the air.

"Norah, you never told us you'll be home at 9:00! It's dangerous at nine, I'll come and pick you up, okay?" He said, looking at me sternly.

I nodded, as I quickly ran into the building. But, I accidentally ran into a body, so I landed on my butt.

"Calm down!" Xavier exclaimed, laughing. He helped me up as I groaned.

"You're so fat," I muttered, but I'm sure he heard since he chuckled.