Beach Memories

As Callie sat on the warm Sacramento sand it was bittersweet to be back in California. She had to admit she missed it since it had been five years well, almost six since she step foot in the state. Had she been avoiding California and hiding from it and her past? Yes and no for Boston had given her the time to heal and to come to terms with many things, especially her mother. Boston had been good for her and she had grown even closer to Diane. She still respected her, she still admired her and she still looked up to her. Was it hard seeing her with Andrea now? Very for deep inside the girl for some reason had always wished for her and her mother to get back together. She had missed that family no matter how toxic it was, she still missed it and loved when she had it.

Being in her mid twenties now she partly understood. Well tried to and her and Diane had many, many conversations over the years about it. More then she could remember and sometimes it had been hard to hear. Many of the things she had to come to terms with had been hard to hear but necessary. Even her girlfriend Grace had been brutally honest with her and it left Callie to think. To think about what she was really going to do and if she wanted to continue to keep Stef out of her life for good.

Another thing she was not proud of was her current relationship with Jude. That to had deteriorated in the last three years for they had a major blow out causing the two to no longer speak. Both Diane and Stef had tried to help them resolve it but were unsuccessful. With no choice they left it alone after years of trying to help as it didn't seem either side would budge. Did Callie miss her brother? Oh terribly and she knew it was time and had been time to make it right once again. 

Digging her feet into the sand she watched her now fiance, Grace and little Sophie play in the water.  The two were really the absolute loves of her lives and Sophie had been a real miracle baby. Now being a mother herself Callie realized how challenging it could be at times as she smiled at the both of them laughing and giggling the water. The same ocean she played and laughed in with her own mother when she was little as she smiled at the memory.

FLASHBACK

"You have fun in the water baby?" Stef asked little eight year old Callie as she helped dry her off on the towel.

"I did mama I love the beach."

"Yeah I know you do. You are like me love the water and sand." The blonde winked wiping the girls face.

"I am like you!"

"Ha you are better then me sweetness."

"Mama can we come back tomorrow?"

"Yeah we can see alright?" The blonde said kissing the little girls nose as she glanced to Diane and Jude who who were walking along the sand and she couldn't help but smile. It was nice they were getting along for the cop had stopped her nonsense for the time being.

"Maybe you and mommy can have your wedding here?"

"Ha yeah? Are you planning it my girl?"

"Yes. I know you can't have a real one because it's against the law but can you still have a pretend on?"

"I think we can my love. It would be nice huh?"

"Yeah. Can I be the flower girl mama?"

"Why of course you can. I'd love that."

"Me too." Callie said grinning as the blonde smiled back wider at her. 

"I love you Callie Marie Foster. Mama loves you so much and don't forget it. I know sometimes I'm in a shitty ass mood and I don't mean it. And I'm trying to be better ok? Mama really is just know I love you my baby. Yes?" Stef could only stroke her daughters soft cheek as Callie smiled at her. She knew sometimes her mother was in a horrible mood and she always though it as her fault ."I heard you tell mommy you think I don't love you. But that's not true sweets. And you weren't an accident and neither was your baby brother. Understand me? I love you both."

"Really?"

"Yes my love. Really. Please know that."

"Ok mama I love you too."

"Yeah do ya?"

"Yes!"

"Ok give me a hug."

Callie smiled so wide as she wrapped her arms around her mother's neck tightly. Feeling her little brother come up behind her giggling he did the same as Stef hugged both her kids. Diane could only smile for she was hoping their little family would make it and Callie wished the same thing. Unfortunately it didn't and that one dream she always wanted crushed her up until her 20's and she blamed her mother. For all of it.

FLASHBACK ENDS

"She loves the water honey." Grace said walking back over to Callie with little one year old Sophie in her arms as she looked just like Callie. Infact she was the spitting image of Callie as a little girl with her wide eyes and magnetic smile. 

"Aww I'm so glad. I figured she would plus it's so warm here. Hey sweet girl. Hey sweetness." Callie said kissing her daughter's cheek as the little girl giggled at her and she smiled at both her and Grace.

"I know I forgot how nice California is. I'm glad we moved back and I'm glad Diane is moving with Andrea and Corey. It's going to nice Cal."

"Me too love." 

"So are you ok about going to see her tomorrow? How are you feeling about it?"

"MM not really sure if I'm honest. I'm nervous about seeing her and Jude. And well meeting Frankie. I didn't make a great impression."

"I understand and it's ok you are here now. It's different and you did so much healing Cal. And remember I'm there and it will be ok. I'm sure Stef will be happy to see you, and Jude and Frankie. Try not to worry. Ok? It will be ok. Promise."

"Thanks love." The young girl said now holding Grace's hand. "I just know so much family will be there. But I'll be ok."

"You will. You are strong." Grace said as the two softly kissed on the lips as their relationship was so similar to Stef and Diane's but without being toxic.