A Surprise Guest

"I feel at peace with this place now babe. I mean it took time. But I feel it now." The blonde said to Lena as the two sat on top of the trailer watching the sun rise. It was always magical and despite all the pain this place brought the blonde could appreciate the beauty for once. For the first time in her life.

"Do you sweetheart? "

"Yeah, I mean despite everything that happened here and this was probably one of the worst places I feel ok. I mean I'm not sure if its temporary and I feel my mother around this entire place but I can breathe a little bit more.  I think one of the things that will take a weight off of me is seeing Callie. And well hoping she turns out ok. I still blame myself babe."

" I know you do honey and I know it's hard not to blame yourself. You and Callie have been through so much. More than you and Jude and more then you and Frankie. Including Diane. You can't blame yourself forever honey. You just can't. And I know it's very easy to. Look, I know she saw you at your worst and I know that's a hard pill to swallow honey but you two just keep working at it.  And you will come back together. Yes it will take time but she is getting help and so are you honey. If she has to live with diane then that's ok. At least she has that option." 

"I know love and I know you are right. I just wish I could go in there and fix it. Fix everything for all my kids."

"They are ok honey. Even if Frankie is confused about life she is still ok. She has us, Jude has us and Callie has us. We all have each other in this. And I know it's hard for you but you have your aunt too. I don't mean to push baby."

"You aren't. I've been thinking about her. When we move on and eventually get to Michigan that's where all my pain lives honey. That's where I lived with her and Debbie, that's where I was taken and in some sense it's almost like it happened yesterday. I can still see what my room looked like, I can still remember my aunts long hair that I loved to play in and her uniform I use to wear. She took me shopping when I had nothing, she fed me and she saved me from my own mother so many times.  She gave me my first party with friends because I could never have friends over at Sharon's because our place was always a wreck. And she always had men over. It was embarrassing. Bugs all over, holes in the wall, beer bottles and cigarettes all over. I mean that was the reality for me when I was a kid. You know what makes this place one of the hardest though?"

"No sweetheart what?"

"It was where I carried Frankie and where I...

"Met you first love?"

"Well I mean..

"It's ok Stef. You don't need to hide that from me. This trip is about honesty and you connecting with things. I don't feel weird about it. If I did I wouldn't be here."

"Thanks love."

"Anytime. But have you thought of calling your aunt honey? I know that visit was hard for you but she loves you so much. I can see it."

"Yeah honey I'll think some more."

"Ok. Even if you decide never to call her I just think you should. Even if it's just one time."

Staring at the woman she loved more than anything Stef squeezed Lena's hand a little harder as the quietness took over. It was so quiet that they could hear the conversation Jude and Frankie were having and soon realized why the young girl had gotten kicked out of the Vet internship. Stef could only shake her head and let out a sigh as Lena held her hand tighter.

"I guess I need to talk to her again."

"We both will honey. We both will. In the meantime just breath and look at the beautiful sun."

As Stef and Lena continued to just enjoy their talk on top of the trailer Fran and Debbie had made their way into Nevada searching for the trailer park. The older blonde had gotten the address from one of the many documents her sister left behind but finding it was still a challenge and struggle. Her stomach was killing her to say the least for she just wasn't sure if her niece was even still there or how she would feel seeing her. Was she being pushy? Would she slam the door in her face or refuse to see her? Anything could happen as Debbie turned to look at her wife seeing her look of concern.

"It will be ok baby. Relax. No matter how it goes I'm there with you. No matter what. I promise."

"Ok." Smiling at her wife google maps soon directed them to the trailer park as they drove down the dirt road into the complex. It was nothing to write home about but typical to what Sharon had lived in and where she had her daughter living. Seeing the SUV parked out front Fran recognized it as she let out a sigh. Stef was still there with her family as she heard laughing coming from inside. "We can't interrupt Deb."

"We can and we will. Let's go honey. We drove all this way. You are going to talk to her before this eats the both of you alive. Lets go baby."

Feeling her stomach turn Fran exited her own SUV as her wife took here hand heading up the trailer steps. All her years as a cop nothing scared her more than this. Nothing at all as she knocked nervously soon seeing a young woman come to the door with long pretty curls. Instantly she knew it was Frankie.

"Hi can I help you?" Frankie said smiling but looking confused.

"Hi I'm um...I'm your mother's aunt Fran and this is my wife Debbie. You must be Frankie."

"Yeah. You, she looks just like you." Frankie said smiling and opening the door.

"I can say the same about you. It's nice meeting you."

"Nice meeting you too."

"Nice meeting you Frankie." Deb said as Jude soon came behind his sister looking confused.

"Nice meeting you too. This is my brother Jude. Jude this is mama's aunt Fran and her wife Debbie."

"Oh hi. Nice to see you. Mom looks just like you." He said shaking the woman's hand as Fran couldn't help but smile.

"We get that alot. But so nice meeting you Jude. This is my wife Debbie."

"Hi Jude nice meeting you honey."

"You too. You look like Lena."

"I take that as a compliment." she smiled grabbing as she grabbed her wife's hand holding it close.

"Would you like to come in?" Frankie asked.

"Sure but...

"Babies who is at the door!" Stef  yelled soon coming into the room. But when she saw who it was the washcloth dropped from her hand and she had no idea what to say. None at all.

------------

I know I promised an update weeks ago but here it is!