Messed Up

LENA POV

"I really hope she likes it Lena." Jude said to me as he stopped in my office to stash the gift he had for Stef. Knowing her she would probably snoop around the apartment for any signs of gifts and had to know everything. I knew she couldn't help it and I stashed my gift for her here as well. A diamond bracelet. Yes we had decided and agreed not to get each other anything but I couldn't help it. She had a tough year and I wanted to show her how much I loved her and how far we had come since first meeting. No longer was our relationship based on sex but we had formed a foundation of friendship, honesty and love. Thanks to our road trip as well.

"I know she will honey. Mom will love whatever you get her."

"I hope. I really wasn't sure this year. It's been such a hard year for her. So it was a bit of a challenge."

"That it has and I must agree with you. But it is turning out to be ok and next year will be even better then this one."

"I think so too." He said smiling but as I glanced to him he had a look of confusion and worry on his face.

"What's the matter honey? Everything ok?"

"Yeah it's just, well I spoke to Callie."

"Ok and is she ok?"

"Yeah but she wants me to come to Boston for Christmas and spend it with her." Looking rather hesitant at me as we sat on my couch I gently held his hand for I understood how hard this was for Jude. He loved Callie so much but he also loved his mother and Frankie.

"I see. How do you feel about that? Would you like to?"

"Well sure I'd love to see her but I want to spend it with you and mom and Frankie. I just don't know how to tell her without hurting her feelings. What I really want is for her and mom to make up."

"I know baby. I know that's what you want more then anything. But I think Callie will understand that you want to spend it here. She loves you and wants the best for you as well."

"She doesn't think mom is the best for me. Please don't say anything to mom but she really wants to save money so that I can move in with her. But I don't want to. I don't mind visiting but I love it here and I love living with mom and Frankie. I love when you come over. I don't know Lena it's hard sometimes."

"I know handsome and I'm so sorry that it is. I really am. I think your sister knows you love her. I really do think so. Do you maybe want to go for New Years or the break in February?  That could be a solution."

"MM maybe. But how do I tell her?"

"I think you should be honest with her. Be honest and ask her what could be a compromise. Tell her what you told me. That you love her and don't want to hurt her. And you know what I think one day her and your mom will make up. Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow but I think they will."

"Really? I hope so. It's been so long and really all I know. I only know Callie hating mom."

"I don't think she hates her baby. Disappointed, hurt, angry yes but I don't think she hates her."

"But she is trying so hard Lena. She really is and she's doing really well."

"Of course she is baby. And she will keep doing well. Now listen I don't want you to worry about anything ok? If you need my help or moms hep we are always, always here. Ok honey?"

"Ok." He said as I heard the lunch bell ring. "Guess I better go."

"Yes buddy go on and we will talk later."

"Ok. I love you Lena." He said hugging me as I hugged him back.

"I love you too sweetheart. Enjoy your lunch and be a kid. Please!"