Holding Her

LENA POV

"So what movie are you babies seeing?" Stef asked as we all sat around for dinner. The drive back home from her aunts had been quiet and I didn't want to push her at all. She had been very upset and I wanted to give her the time to process it all which would not be easy. Not at all and right now I knew she was feeling it hard as she managed to stay devoted and attentive to both her kids. She hid it very well from them, maybe, as my eyes glanced to hers and she continued to let out soft smiles. Smiles that were hard to make but she managed. 

Finding it hard not to touch her my hand gently rested on her thigh as she placed hers on top squeezing it.  To be honest never in my life had I seen someone fight so hard for their life in the way she was and all I wanted to do was help her along as my heart continued to fall more in love with her day by day. I knew she felt the same as pet names flew out of our months like it was nothing and the entire ride back home she held my hand. Most days we held hands or when we watched TV at night I layed in her arms and she played with my curls. Back when we lived in San Diego it had been different for we just fucked. Fucked our brains out and neglected to get to know the people we were deep inside. Now we were more than ever and it was eye opening and rewarding.

"Insidious." Frankie said happily as Jude let out a giant grin.

"Oh my goodness. That movies looks horrifying are you guys gonna be able to sleep?" I asked as Stef looked to me smiling softy.

"Totally. Jude and I have been watching every horror movie we have about a million left." 

"Yup we just finished Friday the 13th last night."

"There are like a billion of those. Seen them all." Stef said happily and taking a bite of her chicken.

"I hate those movies. I mean someone is always getting slashed in the woods or in some cabin." I said horrified and taking a sip of my water.

"Ah they are fun babe. Besides no one is getting slashed on my watch. I'd save ya from Jason." She winked at me as I couldn't help but blush and hearing Frankie giggle. I don't know what these two thought of our relationship but in everyone's eyes we were only friends. Maybe it was a little unconventional but no one had any right to judge for we were doing what was best and the last person that wanted to see Stef fall was me.

"You are such a flirt mom." Frankie said as it was now Stef who blushed and Jude busted out laughing.

"She is." He said as I shook my head at the two of them smiling.

"You're mom is very sweet, and kind." Glancing to her she looked into my eyes as I felt her hand squeeze mine under the table as she bashfully looked to both kids.

"So, I assume the both of you finished your work before you see this movie? Yes?"

"Of course. It actually starts soon do you mind if I use the car?"

"Sure love it's fine. And this movie ends at what time?"

"Nine Mama. Don't worry we will be back nice and early. I have an early class anyway."

"Yeah and I have play stuff in the morning."

"Ok then I guess you babies better go. But hugs first please my loves." Stef said smiling as both kids got up placing their dishes in the sink as Frankie hugged her warmly. Watching Stef she hugged her back so hard as well as Jude kissing both their foreheads as she dug in her pocket and handing Frankie money.

"I have money Ma."

"Yeah save it. Take this please."

"I can pay."