Moving Forward

It had been six months since Callie moved to Boston with Diane and since her and Stef had spoken. Aside from the little things Diane updated her about the cops heart was still broken from the last time she saw her. Truth was Stef had shown up the morning the girl was released from Women's United but she watched her from afar in her police car.  Last thing he wanted was for Callie to see her again and ruin her day. Diane however had seen the cop and knew she was going to show up for she understood how much she loved Callie and that it was one of the hardest things for her. Waving to her ex fiance Stef had softly smiled and waved back as the cop could  see just how happy Callie was as she piled all her things into Diane's SUV. She even got a glimpse of her girlfriend, Grace, and watched the two peck on the lips and hold hands. The blonde would have loved to me her and funny enough Grace reminded her of Diane as she watched Callie cup the girls cheek. Tears had rollen down her eyes that morning and many mornings after some days worse then others. But she was moving along and so were the rest of her kids and her relationship with Lena.

As Lena opened her eyes that morning she glanced to her naked girlfriend beside her and ran her arm across the woman's waist spooning her. Softly kissing her back she pressed her own body into her even more feeling the blonde grab her hand. By this time they had moved into a three bedroom rental together and couldn't be happier. Maybe it had taken them time a really good amount of time but it was working well for all of them.

"Morning baby." Lena whispered into the cops ear holding her even closer. "Kiss me."

"MM no. Let me brush my teeth first silly." Stef mumbled for she was still tired but laughing at her silly girlfriend.

"I don't care about that. Kiss me." Kissing her soft shoulder Stef now turned around seeing the wide horny smile on Lena's face that could only make her laugh harder. 

"You are so silly and bossy might I add."

"Am I? No way."

"Yes way my love. And might I add beautiful. Far too beautiful for words sometimes."

Blushing at Stef's comment and feeling her stroke her cheek the two leaned in kissing just like they did every single morning. Of course they had their struggles like any couple and fights or disputes but for the  most part they made up pretty quickly and it was usually the result of stubborness or miscommunication.

"As much as I hate to say it we need to get up." Stef said.

"I know. I see the time. But it's so warm beside you and I can already tell it's freezing out. This is when I miss San Diego."

"That I need to agree with you. It never got this damm cold." She said holding Lena close and kissing the top of her head as the slim woman held her waist tighter.

"Well all the more reason for us to stay in bed together. Let's just play hookey baby."

"Ha! We did that last week my love."

"Oh yeah. Bummer."

"But just think in a few hours we can snuggle again, among other things."

"MM like?" Lena said lifting her head up and giving the blonde a rather devilish grin.

"Well you can surely open your legs for me like you did last night." Stef teased now rubbing Lena's thigh as she grinned at the blonde french kissing her again.

"I love you Stefanie."

"I love you too my Lena. My love."

As the two women continued to fool around a bit Jude and Frankie were starting breakfast as the young girl prepared some coffee and going over her notes.  She had about two weeks left in the academy and had been doing very well so far. Frankie was at the top of her class, won a few certificates, and was looking to ace with flying colors. However, she was still nervous but so far she really loved it and still ran at 6am every morning and had completely given up cigarettes. Even Aunt Fran had shown up a few times to run with her in the morning along with her mother.

"I'm so nervous about the play." Jude said throwing his waffle in the toaster as Frankie set the table for all four of them.

"Aww why? You are going to do so great."

"I don't know. Just am.What if I miss a note or a dance step or something."

"Nah. You have it nailed. There is no way. Ya'll be totally fine."

"Thanks and you will ace your exam. You already are."

"Yeah I hope so. I really do. I just want to make mama proud." Frankie admitted adjusting her tight bun she wore each day. The girl took pride in her cadet uniform and pressed her shirts and pants each night like clockwork. Stef would only smile at her in admiration and the first time she had seen her in it she cried like a baby. Still at times she did a double take and knew when she got her real uniform and was officially a cop there would be no stopping the waterworks then. Yes of course she was nervous about her little girl becoming a cop because there was no way she could protect her. No way at all but she could see her daughters drive for the first time and her passion like never before.

"I think she would be no matter what. Even if you chose to do something else. You know that right Franks?"

"Yeah I know. One thing I do know for sure is that they are like always late for breakfast." 

"Ha. I know. They are always late to breakfast." Jude laughed as Frankie shook her head smiling. It's not like we don't know what they are doing."

Jude. TMI." The girl said putting her hand up as the young boy laughed.

"Hey I'm just being honest. You think they will get married soon or that mom will stop being so slow and ask Lena?"

"Well maybe Lena will ask mama?"

"Really? Nah I see mom more asking."

"Why is that?"

"Don't know. Mom seems more the type to ask and Lena seems more the type to be asked."

"Ha! That's really funny. Well regardless I think it will happen. Maybe not today or tomorrow but soon."

"I hope so. I like Lena."

"Me too. She's pretty awesome."

"She is and can I tell you I'm so excited for Christmas this year. Do you want to start shopping for it?"

"Sure. I made a list too."

"Really? I think I need to make one."

"Hey babies!" The blonde said walking into the kitchen fully dressed and kissing both her kids on the foreheads. "Morning Officer Foster."

"Don't jinx it mama. I haven't passed yet."

"Yes, yes. You will though and there is no such thing as jinxing I keep telling you that sweets." Taking a sip of her coffee she could only smile at her daughters annoyed expression and her son giggling.

"There so is mama. Honest."

"Sure baby. Regardless I can't help it. And Mr your play which I can't wait to see."

"Ughh. I'm so nervous mom."

"Why baby? Lena said it's amazing and I already knew that without her telling me."

"Your bias mom."

"I am not." She said brushing him off as Frankie laughed.

"Totally mom. You totally are."

"So what I love you. So kill me." She winked as the boy shook his head and Lena rushed in.

"Morning sweethearts. Goodness where does the time go how is it already 830? " She said grabbing her thermos and taking a seat at the table.

"Well when you fool around for hours with your girlfriend the time flies." Frankie joked as Lena blushed.

"Hey you worry about yourself little miss and no one was fooling around." The blonde said shyly and joking herself.

"Sure mama. Sure."  She teased back as Jude giggled.

With the family finishing up breakfast they all headed out as Frankie went with her mother and Jude with Lena like they did each morning. It was their routine and just like she did every month Stef dropped money into Callie's account. Of course the girl had no idea about it but it was one she started for her when she was just a baby. Maybe the blonde couldn't always give that much but she did what she could for her from afar and anonymously.