Will It Get Fixed?

"They had a fight? About what babe?" Lena asked her fiance as the two were cleaning up from breakfast and Stef could only gave her a look.  She really didn't want to come out and say what it was but Lena could tell by her facial expression. Instantly."You?"

"Yup." She responded wiping a dish clean.

"Well Jude is very, very protective and defensive of you. If anyone even looks at you wrong he will tell them off."

"Yeah I know babe. But  I don't want them fighting over me. Regardless. I don't want any of them fighting over me."

"That I understand but I think sometimes it's going to happen. Jude will always advocate for you baby. Always and so will Frankie. But it's difficult because....

"Because Callie had a different experience with me.  One she will never let me live down. I mean which I get."

"You don't know that baby. None of us do."

"Well she is Callie Gray now and Lena let me tell you that stings like a bitch. The pain of that alone. I don't know how to deal with it." Looking into the blondes eyes Lena gently grabbed her hand rubbing it and stroking her cheek.

"I know baby. I know that hurts terribly. But one day she will wake up and realize maybe it wasn't the best choice. Let her change her name for now and see how this goes. And take it one step at a time."

"Thanks babe. I appreciate it."

"Of course. And in the meantime I think Jude and Callie will make up. They love and care about each other a great deal."

"Yeah I just don't want their relationship to end because of me."

"It won't and watch him call back and say he wants to stay the rest of his trip. I bet you."

"I hope so baby. I hope so."

"I know so."

-----------------------------

"Jude are you ok?" Frankie asked as she spoke to her brother on the phone on her lunch break. The girl knew something was up for the two talked everyday and she could tell in her brothers voice as well that he was off. Jude couldn't really hide from her anymore since they knew each other so well now even if he tried at times.  Right now he was still debating if he was going to come home early or not for Diane planned a day for all of them to hang out. She really wanted to the two to make up and had an idea on how they possibly could.

"Yeah I'm ok."

"Don't lie buddy. What's up. Something happen?"

"No."

"Jude I know you. What's up you can tell me? Come on."

"Well me and Callie had a fight that's all and I was thinking of coming home early."

"A fight? About what? Did she hurt your feelings?" The girl asked taking a sip of coffee as she sat in the precinct cafe also going over her notes.

"No it's ok."

"What was it about?"

Realizing her brother was quiet for a bit to long Frankie instantly knew. Of course she knew for the only thing that really, really made her and Jude angry was when someone bad mouthed their mother or Lena. The two women were off limits in their book and if anyone said anything about them it was usually game over. Frankie had no problem ripping into anyone and neither did her brother. But of course she was aware Callie was a different story and she couldn't just go off on her. Yes she wanted to because as an older sister she wanted to protect her little brother and defend their mother but the girl was her sister and she did want a relationship with her one day.

"Was it about mama? Was Callie bad mouthing her again? Are you ok? Jude?"

"Yeah it was about mom. And I'm ok."

"What did she say?"

"Just the usual. I'm trying not to be angry and hurt but I am. I am Frankie."

"I know buddy. Did you call mama?"

"Yes. She wants me and Callie to talk and so does Diane. She's going to take us out."

"Alright well that's a good idea. Maybe you two really just need to get things off your chest in a better way. You know? And if you can't figure it out right now I'm sure mama will let you come home."

"Yeah she said she would."

"You going to be ok Jude?"

"I will. I'll try to have an open mind."

"You usually do have one. But listen you were having a good time before today right?"

"Yeah it's been fun. I mean of course I miss you and mom and Lena. I really do and I was a bit homesick."

"Aww that's normal buddy. I get it. But we will all be right here waiting for you whenever you get back. Ok? Don't forget that."

"I won't."

"Alright now go on and talk to Callie and make up. Don't leave angry."

"Ok. Have a safe day Frankie. Love you."

"Love you too and I will. Bye."

"Bye."

With that the older girl hung up with her brother, finished her lunch and headed back to class as Jude made his way out with Callie and Diane. 

Callie of course wanted to make up with her brother and she felt bad for making him upset. Sure she was willing to curb how they spoke about Stef but in terms of her feelings and her now changed last name that was permanent. Well so she thought for little did she realize very soon she would have to face her mother once again and decide if she really did want her out of her life or not.

As she sat beside Jude in the living room while Diane got dressed Callie knew this conversation could go either way it really could as she glanced to his phone he was holding only to see a picture of him and Stef together on his background along with Frankie and Lena. Maybe she had no place in his life anymore just maybe as he looked to her waiting.

"Jude I'm sorry. But...