Three Siblings

"I can't believe mom lived here. It's pretty awful."Jude said as him and Frankie were cleaning up parts of the living room but being careful not to discard any papers if they found any. Mostly they were putting things into piles such as clothes and shoes that were all over and picking up any trash and garbage. With the windows now open the trailer wasn't as stale smelling but the lingering order of cigarettes and beer lingered. It was almost as if it was soaked into the pores of the carpet and the couch. 

"I know.  And it really sucks she had to deal with Sharon who seems like she was a really terrible person. I don't even get how she could treat mama so terribly and why she didn't just let her live with aunt Fran. I mean if she didn't want her and all ya know?"

"Yeah. Plus she didn't know her dad either. Well I don't know mine."

"What? But isn't Robert your father?" Frankie asked confused.

"Nope. He's not. Found out a few months ago. Mom met my father in a bar. I think probably a one night stand." Jude said pretty casually as she folded another shirt.

"Mama said one night stand to you?"

"Well not in those words. But I knew what she meant. Same with Callie. We thought Robert was our father but he's not."

"I'm sorry. That must have been hard."

"It's ok. Mom didn't do it on purpose I guess stuff happens."

"Yeah. I mean it's nice he still hangs out with you and stuff and takes you out. I mean he is nice right?"

"Yeah he is. Him and mom didn't get along for awhile well maybe never. I remember when we couldn't see her you know what she told us in the car?"

"Yeah."

"I remember not seeing her for a long time. And when I did it was short.  Like short visits and we didn't really go anywhere. When I got older we did and we visited her when she lived in San Diego. I hated when she moved there." 

As Jude continued to talk Frankie could only listen for it wasn't often that he opened about his past. It wasn't that Jude didn't like to talk but even for him there were parts of his past that hurt. Hurt in a different way then for Stef, Callie and Frankie. Unlike Callie who was so lost and bitter he was never angry at Stef ever really but what hurt him was not being able to see her all the time. Yes he had been little but he remembered being in her arms, falling asleep to her voice or beside her. He remembered when she was allowed to take them out how he she would play baseball with him which he always loved or pick him up from school. Even if there were a few times the police were called and he didn't understand why. Something to do with her not being allowed to pick them up. 

"Mom tried she always did but I remember one time when I was little, maybe 5 or something. She came to pick us up at school and the cops came and arrested her."

"Really why?"

"I don't know. She was screaming at them. I think she had been drinking or something. But I just remember her crying saying she just wanted to see me and Callie.  But they wouldn't let her and I didn't see her again for a long time after that. I could only talk to her on the phone. I don't want you to get the wrong impression of her Frankie."

"Jude you never have to worry about that. Come on. You know how I feel about her. I love her more then anything no matter what and I know she's not perfect. I admit I hate seeing her upset and in pain and her being in rehab was really hard. For all of us. But you of all people know I don't judge our mama. At all. She's a really strong and amazing person." Frankie said smiling as Jude let out a wide one himself.

"Yeah. You are a really awesome sister Frankie."

"Aww you are an awesome brother Jude and I really love you."