No Way

It wasn't a secret that was Stef was extremely protective of her kids, all three of her kids really but especially her girls. Even if her and Callie had no relationship that didn't mean a thing for she was still protective of her regardless of what the troubled girl thought. Stef would do anything for her and she had in the past even without Callie's knowledge.  Maybe a small part of the girl knew this, knew how protective her mother was, Jude surely knew,  Frankie to some degree but she had never fully experienced it to the point she would very soon.

It was true that her and Stef had really gotten to know each other in the last year and as time went on their relationship grew stronger. Not to say it didn't have it's issues for every relationship did but it was solid, loving and floursing. The blonde knew her daughter had issues just like everyone did and one being she didn't want to disappoint her. Ever. But that was unrealistic for no one was perfect and many times she needed to explain this to her older daughter. Explain that it was ok to make a mistake, that it was ok to go off track sometimes and it was ok to just try your best.  At times the cop had to keep reminding her she would love Frankie no matter what, even if she failed the academy which of course she had not but even if she had Stef would still be proud of her. Mainly because she tried her hardest and went after something she really loved.

In the coming weeks as the holidays were getting closer and Frankie was nearing the end of the academy Stef couldn't help but notice a few things. WEll one thing in particular that didn't sit well with her and she wasn't sure how to address it without seeming impulsive for she liked to give her kids space. She liked to give them time to figure things out while still watching over and guiding them. What she did not like was a certain man taking interest in her older daughter for that was just not an option.

"Honey why do you assume something is going on?" Lena asked the blonde as the two were making dinner. Right now it was driving her crazy, almost driving her insane for she knew something was going on with Frankie and her partner, Jefferson. At least she suspected.

"Because I know. And I've seen many happy conversations by the coffee maker. Also I know these fuckers I work with and  I hear how they talk about women and my daughter is off limits to Jefferson. No fucking way. All she is is fresh meat and I won't have it."

"Honey you always said Jefferson was nice. And maybe before you go all detective you should ask her if she likes him? These are just your assumptions right?"

"Lena are you not listening to me. Even if she does like him it's not happening. He's too old and she's only 24. He's damm near 30."

"I thought he was 28?"

"Same thing.  Plus she has never dated ever. This guy has been around the block and was even engaged. No way."

"Stef, do we know this for sure? Do we know Frankie has never dated? I know her adoptive parents were strict but kids get around things like that. So we don't know 100 percent sure what she's really done."

"Don't tell me that." The cop said letting out a sigh as she crossed her arms and leaned her back against the counter. From what she learned and understood was that her daughter never had a  boyfriend and was in fact a virgin. Something Frankie had been embarrassed about but at the same time admitted she wanted to wait for marriage. That did put the cop at ease and allowed her to sleep better at night but there was still a good chance Frankie would change her mind.

"Mama Bear I know Frankie is very special to you. We all know this. Special in a different way then Jude and in a different way then Callie. And we know she has a hard time telling you things at times and opening up because she is terrified of disappointing you. We saw that this summer."

"Lena she doesn't disappoint me. She just doesn't."

"Ok yes we know that but she doesn't even want to disappoint you for  a second. It's very hard for her because she loves you so damm much. Look lets juat say she does like Jefferson and he likes her."

"No."

"Just hear me out love. Please. Is he a bad guy?"

"I don't care Lena."

"You aren't listening baby. You aren't listening at all."

"Fine I'm listening ok? I'm listening."

"Ok first, relax and take a deep breath. Please." Lena said as she held the blondes hands rubbing them. "Why don't you take Frankie out, ask her what's going on but don't push. Let her know again she can talk to you about anything. Let her know you are there. You have to remember your relationship is still very new honey and she might still feel weird telling you certain things. And if she does like Jefferson ask her what she likes about him? Look I know he's your partner ....."

"He's not for my daughter love. She deserves the best and he's not it. And if he is sneaking around and seeing Frankie, knowing she's my daughter I'll have his head. End of story."

With that Lena could only let out a sigh for she didn't expect this to go any other way.  Stef was far too stubborn and she was not about to budge at all. Of course she understood how the blonde felt, she really did but she had to ease up a tiny bit if that was at all possible.

"Stef, Frankie is an adult and you know she doesn't need your permission right? I mean if she wanted she could move out and see him on her own if something is going on. Is that what you want? Or would you rather talk to her and find out for sure?"

With that the blonde let out a sigh for she knew Lena was right. Frankie was an adult but regardless the blonde wanted to protect her so bad.

--------
I wonder what Frankie is up to?