Off They Go

The next morning Stef decided to continue on with the trip which Lena wasn't surprised about at all. Lena was thinking maybe her girlfriend had gotten cold feet which she could understand completely.  However after a few hours of rest and morning coffee the blonde realized she did not want to head back to Sacramento just yet. The trip was too important no matter how hard it was but with Lena and her kids beside her it made it that much easier. Stef had no choice, she was already out there and if she really wanted to heal it needed to be done. Now that Sharon's trailer was officially packed up and cleaned out there was no excuse none at all.

While the family was loading the SUV both Fran and Debbie stopped by on their way home as well to say goodbye. The older blonde wanted to make one last effort to just say anything to her niece before she headed onto Michigan. Fran was hoping the trip would help her little girl and possibly when she got back to California they could meet up and maybe talk a little more. She could only hope and was willing to give Stef as much time as she needed.But she had no idea how long that would be. Maybe therapy would help them or was it just time and forgiveness?

As the two blondes took a quiet walk down the trailer dirt road one Stef never even thought she would walk down with Fran she thought back to when she was a kid and a teen living here and how many nights she had spoken to her aunt thinking she was in heaven watching her. Of course she only imagined that Fran was disappointed in her based on her poor choices and how wreckless she had become. Truth was she was embarrassed more than anyone really knew.

"So you came home wasted to Debbie most nights?" Stef asked as Fran glanced to her nodding her head remembering the talk they had just yesterday.

"For a few years yes. Not my proudest times in life but I did.  Drove drunk a handful of times, was arrested for DWI and suspended for a year without pay. Almost lost our house."

"Really?" The younger blonde asked rather surprised. So she had not been the only one to fuck up? She never imagined Fran doing anything like that for she had almost caused her and Diane to lose their home as well.

"Yes. Debbie saved us by pawning some jewelry since I could not get myself together. And she got a second job but it was pretty bad for her then and she left at some point. Our fighting got so bad to the point that we didn't recognize each other anymore and I became pretty bad for her. At that time she deserved better than me."

"Did you ever step out on her?"

"Yes. When she left for those three weeks I did and she almost left me for good after that." Upon hearing her aunts confession the younger blonde could only stop and look Fran in the eyes. Had they really made the same mistakes? Was their relationship similar to her and Lena's? Or even similar to her and Diane's?  "Not proud of it but I did baby and Debbie gave me a choice. A life of drinking and sleeping around or a life with her. She said she wasn't staying around and watching me sink lower and lower. But I  did sink lower and  wrapped my car around a tree one night. Almost died. That's when I woke up. I realized I wasn't helping myself, Debbie or you."

"So you just stopped?"

"I needed help to stop. So I got it and never went down that road again." Fran could see the confliction on her little girls face. Almost like she wanted to confess her own demons but couldn't just yet. The older blonde couldn't help but grab her hand and hold it gently as Stef looked into her eyes. "Things happen in life baby and no is perfect. We do the best we can and I would never judge you for your mistakes, or your relationship issues or problems you have with Callie. Unfortunately our family has struggled with addiction but getting help is the solution and having a support system. You have a beautiful support system with your children and Lena. Lena seems very special to you."

"Yeah um she is. Listen I um need to head back so that we can get going. Long drive." Stef said looking away from her aunt and back at the ground.

"It is. But um I hope you call me. Or if you need anything I'm here sweetheart. Or if you have any questions. Anytime of the day or night. Debbie and I would like to help anyway we can.

"I think I'll be ok. Thanks."

Walking off Fran watched her niece head back over to her kids and Lena. She knew Stef was not going to budge right now and she would have to give her more time. How much  more she didn't know but she was willing to do anything for her. All she could do now was head back to California and wait hoping the younger blonde would come back to her.

Earlier that morning while Stef and Lena were packing up the car Frankie had gotten the number to Women's United where Callie was staying from her brother Jude. She had never met her sister nor spoken to her but being the brave young woman she was fear was not an obstacle. Not at all as she  quickly dialed the number and an older woman picked up.

"Women's United may I help you?"

"Hi yes. I'm calling to speak with Callie Foster?"

"May I ask who is calling?"

"Yes. Her sister. Francesca Rob.. I mean Francesca Foster."

"Hold on a minute please." As Frankie sat there nervously with the phone to her ear it felt like almost ten minutes had passed until someone on the other end had finally returned.

"This is Callie who is this?"

"Hi Callie. I'm your sister Frankie and we need to talk about our mother. And now."

-------------

Oh Frankie! LOL