Forgive

If anyone didn't want Callie and Jude to fight it was both Stef and Diane. Yes it was bound to happen from time to time but neither of them wanted Jude to leave Boston angry. Of course after hearing her son on the phone asking to come home the cop agreed. But she waited on changing his ticket for she was well aware Diane would talk to him and try to get him to stay to make the siblings make up.

"May I come in honey?" The older woman asked knocking on the door as he was in the middle of packing his bags. Right now  it was safe to say Jude was very angry at his sister and Callie herself was angry with Jude but in no way did he mean any disrespect to Diane. In fact he still adored her just as much as he did as a baby and they got along very well. Extremely and he could even see some of the similarities between her and Lena. A few times he had asked her what it was like when he was little and Diane always spoke kindly of Stef. Never did she utter a bad thing to him even if the boy knew it wasn't perfect.

"Sure." He said as as Diane entered looking concerned and seeing his open suitcase on the bed. Taking a seat  beside him Jude let out a sigh and played with his fingers which was something he often did when he was nervous.  Something he picked up from his mother.

"Honey I would love for you to stay. Callie would too."

"I know and I really enjoyed myself and getting to know you again and being with Callie. But I can't take how she talks about our mom. She's her mother too and it's like she forgets. Mom wasn't perfect but she is really trying Diane. It just upsets me and she doesn't say it but I know Callie changing her last name upset her too."

"I know it all upsets you sweetheart. I know it and I'm sorry. Listen honey I know for a fact Callie was looking forward to having you here because she does miss you and she loves you which I am sure you know. Yes her relationship with your mom is difficult and we can't force her to feel one way or another. None of us can and I know her changing her last name hurts, and I'm sorry it does sweetheart but I think your sister will go back to your mom one day. I really do because when she was little they were very close."

"But Diane was mom that horrible? She makes her sound like she was a monster. Like she was like Sharon." Looking to the boy she wanted to be honest but at the same time she didn't want to upset him. In her eyes Stef was never a monster. Not one day in her life. Was she harsh with Callie, yes, did she make many mistakes and hurt the girl over and over, yes.

"Your mama loved Callie honey. She adored and loved both of you. I think we were just so young, so unsure about things back then and it wasn't as stable as it is now. I believe your mama tried the best she could at the time and she still does. Yes she did hurt Callie, was she a monster no. Not at all but Callie needed more then your mama could give her at that time. Your mama realized that when she started to get better."

"So she still hates her for it." He said shaking his head.

"Hate I believe no. Disappointed yes and I know certain things she says upset you."

"She doesn't even wanna meet Frankie. We are all family Diane."

"I know sweetheart but just hear me out ok?"

"Sure."

"Before you decide to go home early I want you and Callie to talk. Even if it's for five minutes it's important. Important to not leave things like this between you two. I know it's frustrating for you handsome but from the day you were born Callie was so excited.  I remember how happy she was to help feed you, make bottles and change you. She took pride in that always. In fact she named you Jude."

"Really?" The boy asked surprised.

"She did. Your mom told her to name you."

"Oh. I didn't know that."

"I know baby." the woman said smiling as Jude returned it.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Well was it hard for you to forgive my mom. I mean is it hard to be friends now and see her with Lena?"

"You know honey there was a time your mom and I didn't speak. We needed space from one another and it wasn't easy. Was it hard for me to forgive her? At times but I've known her since we were 10. I knew what she had to deal with as a kid and how it affected her. Well both of us really. Yes we both made big, big, big mistakes more then I can count but we always loved each other. Even now. Not as romantic partners but as friends we love each other and that was something that never left. So at times yes in the beginning I had a hard time forgiving her but I did. Is it hard for me to see her with Lena? No sweetheart because me and your mama knew we couldn't be together in that way anymore. For the time we were yes but not forever. Lena in all honesty is who she belongs with."

"Do you, well do you still love my mom?"

"I will always love your mom and she will always be special to me. Just like you and Callie. You and I spent alot of time together honey and I always treasure those moments. I treasure the ones with your mom too." All Jude could do was smile as neither him or Diane realized Callie was listening outside the door. "But you and your sister were my babies. Still are and at one point we were a little family."

"Were we happy?"

"Many times we were honey. Many times." She said smiling.

"I'm sorry it didn't work with you and my mom. I really like you Diane."

"I like you too honey and it's ok. Really." She said smiling as the young teen smiled back. "And I promise you one day your mom and Callie will make up and I know it's hard but your relationship with your mom has nothing to do with Callie. Ok? Or visa versa."

"Ok."

"Alright now let's go talk to your sister and see if we can solve this. I know you are very protective of your mom and believe it or not Callie is too."

"Really? I don't know Diane."

"You never know sweetheart."

-------------------------

I wonder if Jude will stay, and I wonder what Callie things after overhearing.