The Call

As Fran stood next to her niece listening to her talk on the phone with Callie she could see the heartbreak in her eyes and in her body. All she could do was hold her hand tightly trying to provide whatever comfort she could and she could still only wonder if it was enough. Maybe it was a bad idea that she suggested to her to call Callie. Maybe for she just didn't know all the details and really how angry the older teen actually was.  But judging by the young blonde the phone call wasn't going well as she heard her beg not to hang up. Eventually Callie did rush her mother off the phone and quickly hang up leaving Stef hurt. But in her mind Stef knew it was to be expected for her daughter was not budging. Not at all and after Callie informed her she was changing her name the blonde knew how serious the girl was.

"Baby what happened? Fran asked gently rubbing her back as Stef saw a call come in from Rita but she ignored it. She just didn't feel up to talking to her right this second as tears fell down her eyes and Fran moved a bit closer to her. "Babygirl what is it? What did she say?"

Stef could only try to control her tears as she looked her aunt in the eyes trying so hard not to ball her eyes out.

"She um said she's changing her last name." 

"What babe?"

 "She said she doesn't want to be a Foster anymore.  She just, she wants no part of me. None. I mean I know I fucked up bad I know and I know she wanted to get emancipated but I guess..I felt maybe she would change her mind. Or that I could somehow just get her to talk to me a tiny bit. But I think, I think I lost her forever. I really do."

"Come here honey. Come here." Hugging her niece Stef let the tears fall from her eyes more then she would have liked. But she did as she hugged her aunt harder then ever the older woman holding her even closer. She needed this hug so bad and she needed to let her feelings come out. "It will be ok. I promise sweetheart. I promise."

"I know I just love her so much."

"I know you do and she knows too. She really does but it's going to take time baby. It just will but it will work out. I know it will." Pulling apart Fran gently wiped the younger blondes tears as she affectionally kissed her forehead considering she still had a few inches over her. "You let it out. Let it out when you need."

"Everything ok?" They soon heard seeing Lena walk in the room worried and very concerned at seeing her girlfriend crying. Gently she too rubbed her arm as the younger blonde looked to her. "What's wrong honey? What happened?"

"I'll let you two talk. It will be ok sweetheart."  Squeezing her nieces hand once again Fran walked off as Lena grabbed the younger blondes hand holding it and seeing her devastated face as she began to worry even more.

"What happened baby? Talk to me."

"She um, she wants to change her last name Lena. She is taking Diane's."

"Callie?"

"Yes."

"Goodness." The slim woman said letting out a sigh."Baby I don't think she will. Honestly."

"I don't know she seems very serious to me babe."

"She's angry."

"It's more then that. She hates me honey. She does and there is nothing I can do about it. You can't convince someone to like you or love you."

"No I know you can't. But I really don't think she hates you. I know it feels like she does, I know it feels like that every-time you talk to her and in your heart but I don't believe it. I think she's terrified because she actually really does love you. And I think she wants to be close to you. But she's afraid. She's afraid you will hurt her again, but she doesn't know that you won't."

"How can I show her I won't if her stubborn ass won't even listen to me."

"Well she sounds pretty much like her mother." Lena joked as the blonde let out a smirk. "It took you alot of time to forgive your aunt. I know this is different. I know it baby and I know you want her back in your life now. But that's not going to happen. Unfortunately."

"I know baby. I know it." Stef said running her fingers through her short hair and letting out a sigh. Lena could only grab her hands standing in front of her." But what if, what if she does change her last name Lena? I don't know how to feel about that. I really don't."

"Well sweetheart if she does we will deal with it when the time comes. Ok? But even if she does you are still her mother. Changing a name doesn't change that and neither does getting emancipated. Listen babe, I know it's a bitch. I know all of this is but we are all here and non of us are going anywhere. I promise baby. And think about the children you do have here right now. Both Frankie and Jude adore you Stef. They really do." Gently cupping her check Lena could only smile at her girlfriend as she softly kissed her lips.

"I know and thank you my angel." 

"You are welcome. Come here love." Hugging the woman she was so in love with Lena held her close as both Frankie and Jude happened to hear everything. The older girl was furious more then anyone could ever know as Jude felt tears fall from his eyes as well for he didn't understand Callie. He just didn't anymore and the fact that she wanted to change her last name made him angry.

"Come Jude lets finish breakfast for mama's." Frankie whispered wrapping her arm around him.

"Ok sis."