Nightmare and Brothers

"This Is some house." Lena said to the blonde as she held her hand walking up to Glen's home. It was nearly 11 at night and Stef didn't really give a shit what time it was because there was no way she could sleep without telling Glens ass off. None. The way he had spoken to Frankie was enough to make her insides boil and implode and Lena knew that as well.

"Yup it sure is. The shit face he is.I'm going to rip him in half."

"Well you aren't the only one. But we will approach this camly baby."

"Sue babe." Stef said ringing the bell as she was almost two seconds from busting in. Just as she was about to bang on it the door opened and behind it stood Glen. In her eyes he looked the same, older of course for the last time she had seen him they were barely 18 and the years caught up to him. Could she see parts of Frankie, yes she could as he let out a sigh knowing Stef might show and closing the door behind him.

"Stef do you  know what time it is?"

"How dare you be so nasty to my daughter. How dare you."

"Stef this is my home and you can't just show up like this at 11 at night. I told Frankie that too. Do you both make a habit of just showing up at people's doorsteps?"

"No I only make it a habit if someone messes with my baby. And you did. If someone makes her cry lord help them because she means the world to me, she means everything to me and you had no right to tell her what you did."

"Had no right? I told her the truth."

"What part was the truth in your eyes?"

"Oh Stef you didn't want her. SHe was an accident. She was a mistake."

"She was a surprise! She was a blessing! And she is an amazing young woman who just wanted to know who her father was. She is a sensitive, caring amazing person. Which she did not inherit from you."

"Look she came here I presume with your son? She wasn't exactly polite."

"Yeah I doubt that. I'm sure she was because if one thing Frankie is is polite. So let me tell you something, if you ever tell her what you did, or talk to her in such a manor you will have to deal with me. You will and I'm not easy to get rid of especially when it comes to my kids."

"You haven't changed much huh?"

"What is that supposed to mean?" Lena chimed in as Stef gently held her hand reassuring the woman that it was ok.

"I have in some respects Glen. Because I can become your worst nightmare if I ever hear you treated my daughter like that again. I get you don't want her, that you don't want to know her but you don't have to be a fucking asshole about it to her. She's a good kid and it's sad that you want no part of her. But she has me and thank goodness for that. So you can do me a favor and have a nice life and I will go on raising and enjoying the little girl we made. She doesn't need you and never will."

Walking off with Lena's hand inside hers Stef had seen Glen's wife come down the stairs in the midst of her yelling. She was not out to ruin anyone's life but if they messed with her kids all bets were off.

----------------------------------

"I have a headache the size of Russia." Frankie said rubbing her temples as she sat in the kitchen chair drinking morning coffee. At times like her mother she could catch a migraine especially if she was feeling stressed or tired. The young girl had been up half the night unable to sleep and she had heard her mother and Lena talking about Glen and was aware the two women stopped by his place.

"You probably shouldn't drink caffeine Franks." Jude said grabbing a bowl of cereal. "Do you know where mom and Lena went?"

"MM I heard them earlier. I think they took a morning walk. They like to watch the sunrises."

"Probably making out." Jude joked as Frankie busted out laughing and sipping on her coffee.

"I wouldn't put it past them. They are so obvious. It's kind of funny how they act and play around teenagers. They sneak around too."

"I know it's funny. So are you ok? I mean about last night and stuff?"

"Yeah I'm fine. It's honestly ok Jude. I have mama and that's enough. And we may have Lena more too if things keep going the way they are for them."

"That would be cool you know if they got married."

"I think so too. It would be nice to have two moms."

"Well we sort of do now. They fight like married people and do stuff married people do. And it kinda feels like a we are a family even in this terrible trailer. I know we talked about it before but it really feels like it now."

"True but I don't know this trailer is growing on me."

"Really?" Jude asked surprised and with a grossed out expression.

"Yeah. I mean it needs work but if you redid it it would be super nice."

"Even with all the bad stuff that happened here for mom?"

"Well minus that. But without that it would be a nice place."

"I think they should just junk it."

"Maybe but mama needs it a bit more. And when we leave she may feel different about it."

"Yeah maybe. So I think mom and Lena went over their last night. To Glens."

"Yeah I know." Frankie said taking another sip of coffee and letting out a sigh.

"The last thing anyone should do is piss mom off. It never ends well."

"Tell me about it." The girl laughed. "I've been on that side too many times in the last few weeks."

"Nah she wasn't mad at you. Well about the smoking yeah. But you could tell her anything. I told her I like guys and she was cool about it. But you could tell her you want to be a cop and all she would try to do is help you. Did you not wanna tell her?"

"No I just wasn't sure how. I mean I was pretty focused on being a veterinarian but I just didn't want to anymore. It also didn't help how I messed up at the internship."

"What do you mean? I though they kicked you out for being late."

"No. They kicked me out because I made a mistake and gave the rat we tested the wrong meds. I mixed a wrong ingredient. I felt horrible."

"Oh. Well why didn't you tell mom?"

"I didn't want to disappoint her. She was really rooting for me and I messed up."

"Franks she would still root for you and she would have tried to talk to you about what happened. Mom won't bite you. She really won't and you don't have to be afraid of her. She really loves you."

"I don't know Jude I know she does I guess this is still new to me and I don't want to mess it up with her. I looked for her for so many years and I guess I'm afraid of messing it up."

"You can't Franks. You can't mess it up. Look at Callie she messes up like everyday, I mess up too. We all do it's apart of life you know. And news flash mom has messed up a billion times especially with Lena and Diane. But they forgave her and it's all ok. Just trust her more because she really is cool."

"I'll try it. Thanks Jude."

"Anytime. And I think it would be cool if you became a K9 or if you still ended up being a veterinarian. Don't let one mistake dictate the rest of your life. Think about it sis." Frankie could only smile at her brother as the two finished up breakfast but what they didn't know was that both Stef and Lena heard the entire thing for sound traveled pretty well in the small trailer all the way up to the roof. What also was traveling was Francine and Debbie Foster and they were just about to hit Nevada.

------------------------------

Thanks for waiting patiently. This story has been a challenge to write!